News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Track day on a Tiger?

Started by diggerT, October 21, 2008, 05:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diggerT

Did one at Brands Hatch yesterday, great laugh, struggled a bit round the corners but really enjoyed it!  I got a few odd looks lining up with the sportsbike boys and girls, at least I took the topbox off..

Another 3 feet and I would have got my knee down. Watch out Rossi!!

DiggerT

HockleyBoy

Excellent, looks like fun. How much did it cost for the track day at Brands and what tyres did you use?
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

A tigger at Brands???  Awesome!!!

I wish I had your nerve  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

2004Tiger

Good on you. Too bad the photographer did not press the shutter button when your boot was kissing the track. If it did not, try again. Even with my 12,000 mile Tourances, my boot greets the road when I'm in a hurry. No reason to fear, most tires will hold on beyond the comfort zone of most riders.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

JetdocX

I'd love to get my Steamer to the track, but it's probably leaking too much random fluid to pass tech. :cry:
From parts unknown.

FullMonte

Good stuff.  I'd like to track mine at Barber or Road Atlanta (and sandbag in the Novice group :wink: )but the warped rotors and my late braking technique would not be a good mix.

haulin' daze

:notworthy  :eusa_clap  :occasion14

I'd love to see their faces... :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

diggerT

My tyres are Metzler Tourance which I think are the original issue on an 03. It had only done 2,500 miles when I bought it.  Some suggest lowering tyre pressures but I didn't bother. They were ok but I am sure there are better track tyres.

The track day was run by motorsportvision who own Brands plus a few other circuits. It was a novice day which is for those who have done three or less.
It cost £145 for 7 x 20 minute sessions which includes briefing, sighting laps plus some extra classroom stuff if you are interested.
That's quite a decent amount of track time and it's pretty knackering as you are concentrating full on. They subdivided the groups as well into those who had done no track time at all, which was a good idea!

Some other companies run for them as low as £85 a day plus there are shorter evening events for around £50, it's worth trying once, even to just ride the track. It makes you really appreciate just how good those top riders are!!