News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new sneakers for Tigger #3

Started by Mustang, October 23, 2008, 04:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Major Update

Got a lot done in the last few weeks ................

A pile of this stuff .....

Turns into 1 of these  !
2 req'd for the lower mounts

Got the chassis and swingarm completed
Now the project gets fun . Get to actually put some shit together

Setting the Toe In

Got the Diamond plate cut and mounted , starting to look good !

Added a nice diamond plate box that will become part of the body .........

Inside the trunk we got some serious cranking power for the cold weather

Today was supposed to be the Maiden Voyage , shakedown cruise so to speak .....................but it's friggin cold outside BRRRRRRRR Cold  16 degree cold  
so I'm hangin next to the fire

so today I need to finish the wiring and get started on the Body

more to come
until next time ....................

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

aeronca

that really,really looks great. your doing an awsome job. those two parts you made that attatch the hack to the bike and allow adjustment, are they the only thing that attatch the hack to the car? any sidecar brakes?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

We got brakes ..............2 piston Nissin caliper with 450 honda rotor and forgot to take pics of it . it is independent from the bike
the pedal is beside and just below the rear pedal for the bike

The lower mounts control the toe in and there are two struts that control lean out

Dr. Mordo

Friggin awesome.  Those Kendas look badass.  Have you ridden them on the street yet?  They seem scary on the road.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

2004Tiger

I know nuttin' about sidecars, but is this one significantly wider than usual? If so, why? Does extra width affect handling?
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

Mustang

It may be a touch wide the track measures 51 inch from wheel center to wheel center on the sidecar . urals are about hte same . It is decieving looking without the body (plus the pic is on full wide angle ) , believe it or not there is only room for a 23 inch wide body between the shock tower and the left side .

And to answer your question, yes  wider is better to help keep the car on the ground .

armadillo76

That is really nice looking! I have some Hippo Hands you might want to try on your Tiger since it is too late to try on mine (she's in the shed, I give up for this winter) :cry:
Now I REALLY want a Ural!!! Preferably a Patrol (2WD).
AndyB, NH, 96 Tigre.

John Stenhouse

Yeah I looked at the lower frame mounts and thought ooh! A leaning sidecar, then next pic showed the struts to firm it all up...............see that's the problem with me sometimes I'm dumb  :roll:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

Got the beast out yesterday for some riding ................It was delayed a few days as this Georgia bike did not like the temps in the Frozen Wasteland .  not so good crank crank crank , not even a sputter crank some more then stop and get the batt charger out .
First I had thought ,"Oh great the valves are fooked now that it is only 15 degrees F outside ". pulled all the plastic checked the valves all of them intakes and exhausts right on the low side and some exhausts were showing only .005 clearance . nothing here to keep it from starting so , screw it put the engine back together and left the clearances where they were , I'll fix em next time ,
Oh boy now I get to pull the carbs , yep that was the problem , Who ever did the rejet on this bike b4 was .........well let's just say an idiot !
Both snorkels open and all they did was throw some big ass main jets at it . After it was done the Mustang way she starts right up on half choke and just a stab at the button . so after getting the carbs sorted I still had to replace the plug wires cuz two of em were screwed and would not connect to the plugs .
Actually it was all good that she would'nt start , I got the carbs jetted spot on and found a couple issues that needed fixing and discovered that the fuel pipe was almost ready to dump 6 gallons of gas on the ground (dry rot) and I now know where the valve train is at for clearances .
I was pleasantly surprised that it handled pretty damn good . Need to make a couple of adjustments , has too much lean out and really feels like it wants to come up on tight right handers , like leaving driveways and parking lots .left handers are just about perfect , centrifical force pushes the car down and the rig scoots around the corner , it's great . I done good for a homemade rig .
Going to start on the body this week .........................

Hey Armidillo , look Ice and snow and it stays upright , man you should hear those Kendas hum on the black top .

TigerTrax

Yo Mustang Sally...
Lookin Goood!

You are just enough of a bad influence for me to PERHAPS seek out another Steamer!

We have a hack guy here in NeeBraska who rigs hacks with electric motors to adjust the angle 'on-the-fly'....

Great Job.....
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

fano

Hmmm... Looking good!   :thumbsup

wyobonnie

So....  when do you start on mine?

Mustang

Quote from: "wyobonnie"So....  when do you start on mine?
smart ass little brother  :shock:

JetdocX

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Yo Mustang Sally...
Lookin Goood!

You are just enough of a bad influence for me to PERHAPS seek out another Steamer!

We have a hack guy here in NeeBraska who rigs hacks with electric motors to adjust the angle 'on-the-fly'....

Great Job.....

I know a green one that needs a home. :lol:
From parts unknown.