News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My Tiger in Hurricane Country...

Started by jmurguia, November 20, 2008, 04:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmurguia

I rode my '06 for my first long distance jaunt. 944.4 miles this weekend. San Antonio,Tx - Victoria - Galveston - Cameron, Louisiana - Jasper - College Station - San Antonio.

A cold front blew in Friday night, so it was a very cold affair, with lows in the high 30's. (At least it was dry)
Tiger ran incredibly well and I was relatively fresh compared to my buddy on his '01 GS1150.
I REALLY LOVE THIS BIKE!  The Staintune really makes for an amazing experience!!!

The devastation from Hurricane IKE was almost incomprehensible in the GAlveston area, esp on the Bolivar Peninsula...it lookedlike awar zone...it was hard to imagine what could have caused such destruction...cars mangled beyond recognition, 90% of housing/buildings GONE, every RV reduced to a chassis...a very sad situation.  Here's a few pics: (first one has an old Virago hidden in the debris)

(PLease keep this area of Texas & Louisiana in your thoughts and prayers)
2006 Triumph Tiger - BEST BIKE I\'VE OWNED!

Dr. Mordo

Wow, it's obviously hard to imagine the destruction.  Especially because I'm from Florida and grew up sitting thru less destructive hurricanes.  I'm used to the power being out for a couple of days and some trash in the roads.

Thanks for the pics to keep thing in perspective, and I'm glad you like your Tiger!
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger