News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Interchanging 955 engines

Started by Advwannabe, November 07, 2008, 10:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

Hi folks,

I have an oppurtunity to buy a 955 Daytona, a bike I've always liked.

There may also be a spare engine available.

There was a guy on the site some time back riding a Tiger with a Daytona engine in it. Does anyone know if this really can be done?

I like the idea of rebuilding the busted engine up as a project and having it available to replace the motor in either bike ( not withstanding the very different characteristics of the two motors).
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Mustang

I think it should bolt right in , but to take advantage of the Daytona Motor you will likely need the ECU from the daytona

Stretch

If I recall, the shifting pattern was bass-ackwards... 1 up, 6 down.

cosmo

Quote from: "Stretch"If I recall, the shifting pattern was bass-ackwards... 1 up, 6 down.
Ya mean 'normal' right?? All the bikes I learned on shifted down for an upshift...Ducati, BSA, Aermacchi, etc...
Matter of fact, I had to remove the heel pedal on a new Harley FLH after an incident involving a near miss and hasty downshift...heel on the pedal...not quite what I expected...nor what the transmission needed...
Jeff
Life is too important to be taken seriously.