News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlights cutoff switch

Started by stopwatch, December 05, 2008, 01:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

violin

No Matttys the link you give is what i had fitted as standard, the one i purchased on ebay has three positions ... off, sidelights and headlights, i think a look around either scrap yards or again ebay will get you the right one and as i say it is sooooo easy to change it really is plug and play!
WHEN THE TIGER SALAAMS, THE END OF THE WORLD ARRIVES..........

abruzzi

Slightly OT clarification, Non-US control pods for the right hand (throttle hand) includes an on/off switch for the headlight?

(I ask because my starter button is dying on my steamer, and I was going to replace the pod.  Looking on bikebandit.com, the US version of the switches are fifteen dollars more than the UK version.  If the only difference is the UK version has a light switch, I'm happy to pay less for more functionality.)

Geof

Mustang

Quote from: "abruzzi"Slightly OT clarification, Non-US control pods for the right hand (throttle hand) includes an on/off switch for the headlight?

(I ask because my starter button is dying on my steamer, and I was going to replace the pod.  Looking on bikebandit.com, the US version of the switches are fifteen dollars more than the UK version.  If the only difference is the UK version has a light switch, I'm happy to pay less for more functionality.)

Geof
you are correct , the UK version for steamers HAS a on/off switch for the headlight .

abruzzi

cool.  I guess it costs extra to disable the the switch...

matttys

So I think I've found the looped wires for the cutout switch on my 02 Tiger.  They are above the right head lamp, one is red with a white tracer and the other is a blue wire.  If I attach the switch to the red wire I should be OK, right?
\'02 Girly, \'03 F650GS Dakar, \'05 DRZ470SM, \'90 DR350, \'03 DRZ134SM

Robbie

Quote from: "matttys"So I think I've found the looped wires for the cutout switch on my 02 Tiger.  They are above the right head lamp, one is red with a white tracer and the other is a blue wire.  If I attach the switch to the red wire I should be OK, right?

Red and white is the side lights and blue the headlights.

that is I think so as far as the wiring diagram I have for the switched type
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

jackanory

My '99 has a toggle switch that the PO rigged up to switch off the lights. I use it all the time, it leaves the running lights on so you still have some glow up there in case you cruise by a LEO.

matttys

Quote from: "jackanory"My '99 has a toggle switch that the PO rigged up to switch off the lights. I use it all the time, it leaves the running lights on so you still have some glow up there in case you cruise by a LEO.

I looked at the diagram too and am not 100% sure myself.  Jack - have you pulled off the cowling to see where the switch connects in?  If you haven't would you be able to check that out for us  :wink:

Stretch

A pal in the Motherland took pity on a poor Yank...

Switch, Handlebar, RH...  Triumph Part Number:  T2040128

"Plug 'n play"

Made in Japan  :mrgreen:  (no joke)

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Stretch"A pal in the Motherland took pity on a poor Yank...

Switch, Handlebar, RH...  Triumph Part Number:  T2040128

"Plug 'n play"

Made in Japan  :mrgreen:  (no joke)

How much? Group buy anyone???
Bruin\'

Stretch

Quote from: "Bruincounselor"How much?

About $145 USD, shipped from the UK via the Royal Mail.  The exchange rate will vary, of course.

matttys

Quote from: "Bruincounselor"How much? Group buy anyone???

Me. . .

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Stretch"About $145 USD, shipped from the UK via the Royal Mail.  The exchange rate will vary, of course.

Ouch, and not much interest in a group buy.

Anyone in Europe know a breaker that will help out a Yankee?
Bruin\'

Bruincounselor

Looking at Bikebandit I see 2 switches listed:

4:
SWITCH, HANDLEBAR, RH, LGHTSON
"RH CA, MY, PT, SE, SG, US - ALL VINS JP, 42767 AND HIGHER; SG, VIN 110499 AND BELOW"   7395250-001      
$130.17

4:
SWITCH HANDLEBAR, RH
"RH UK, CH, DE, NL, FR, ES, BR, IT, NZ, CY, ZA, GR, AR, HK, AU - ALL VINS; JP, 42766 AND BELOW; SG, 110500 AND HIGHER"   7395248-001      
$135.43

Does Bikebandit list parts they can't get? It looks like there's lots of places that got the non-lighton switch. I'll do some more looking (maybe Ebay or tradeit) before I pull the trigger.

edit - interesting that Japan went away from lightson - I wonder why?
Bruin\'

Bixxer Bob

Try this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TIGER-900 ... 240%3A1318

On a but-it-now local postage is over the top so not much point in me getting it for you.  You might be able to cut a better deal if you Email him direct.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...