News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlights cutoff switch

Started by stopwatch, December 05, 2008, 01:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-955i-SPRI ... 240%3A1318

This better and has everything you want but might need a bit of sorting plug-wise.  Worth a pop at the price though.  If you come back before it finishes I could get it for you although I still think contacting him direct to barter the postage would be cheapest.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mikethepsych

I'm having a problem that you guys may be able to advise me on. I bought a R/H switch block for a 885i, complete with a switch for turning the lights on and off. I fitted it to my '06 955i, believing it to be a "plug and play" job and the lights do switch on and off  (yippee!) but all the console lights and ignition refuse to work (boooo!).
 Anyone out there have any ideas, otherwise its back to bedtime reading of the workshop manual again!

John Stenhouse

Sounds as if the kill switch is off or shorting, that kills the console lights and ignition.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

mikethepsych

Looked at the wiring diagrames from both the 885i and 955i and you had indeed guessed correctly. All other curcuits are compatable but the kill switch goes to a different point in the ignition curcuit, which varies slightly between the two models.
 I've also looked at the mechanics of the two swtiches and it seems that the light switch internals are however interchangable. The 955i switchblock has a blanking plate over the slot where the on-park-off switch would be.
 I have stripped out 885 switch, with it's associated wiring and plan to thread them into the 955's loom and plug them into the appropriate slots in the connector block. Then just remove the blanking plate and fit the switch components into the vacated space in the handlebar switch body.
 Theoretically........it should work!  :?