News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1200GS demo ride

Started by skoron, May 17, 2004, 03:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skoron

The BMW/Triumph dealer in Port Clinton, PA had a open house on Saturday.  Decided to take a ride up Saturday morning to Hermy's for some free food and demo rides.  Took a Thruxton 900 for a ride, nice engine but my back and wrists hurt after 5 miles.  The main reason I went up was for the 1200GS demo ride.  New engine has nice power and good low end (almost similar to the 885 on my steamer) but a surprising amount of vibration.  Good wind protection and the bike seemed small.  Loved the front suspension with no dive, bike was rock solid.  Took the 04 Tiger for a ride right after to compare.   As most of you know, the engine is a dream.  Lot's of power, smooth and quick handling.  But, the same top heavy feel of the steamer.  The 04 Tiger (Silver) was a great deal with the bags included.  The 1200GS was just too expensive.  As you guessed, I rode home on my 97 Tiger.  Maybe I need to squeeze some power out of her with the air box mods and new exhaust.  But, I am not sure how to reduce the vibes I'm getting above 4500 rpm that numb my hands.   My Tiger is with me for yet another riding season!

Skoron
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

BigDave

I ran the 1200 for about 50 minutes.  The one I rode had a lot of handlebar vibes too.  The bike has more power than the 1150 for sure.  Felt more like the 955 in some ways.  The bike didn't really do it for me.  Maybe the Adventure version will have a different effect on me?