News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tour of the Frozen Wasteland

Started by Mustang, January 09, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Today was a balmy 30 degree F day , so let's take a tour of my hometown .
The roads looked like this

If you will please look to your right you can see Webster lake , a popular watering hole for swimmers , none today though . Only ice fishermen , and the occasional snowmobile.

The next scenic attraction is the Franklin Falls Dam . It was built by the Army Corp of Engineers after the big flood they had in the 30's when the Merrimack flooded all the big cities down river . That's kinda like closing the corral after the horse runs off isn't it ? :ImaPoser

Again if you will please look to your right you will see The Birthplace of Daniel Webster . He was famous , maybe the dictionary but I really don't know . He was an important guy though .

Now we will head on up to Franklins Ski area , this is the road to the ski area looked like Canada for a minute or two .

Here we have the Veterans Memorial Ski area in all of it's Closed down granduer , hasn't been used for years .

After about 25 miles in the slush and cold we arrive safely back at home !

That concludes todays tour I hope you enjoyed it .

JetdocX

That Tigger looks BAD ASS with those knobs!  How was the traction?
From parts unknown.

Mustang

excellent , but don't tell anyone , there is 150 screws in the tire !  :shock: :ImaPoser

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

haulin' daze

I present to you...Mr. Daniel Webster.

He was in the Senate and a Sec. of State for Harrison and Tyler. He pretty much drew up the border between the U.S. and our frozen neighbors to the north.

I don't pretend to know much, but I DO know geography, history, and my Tiger makes me grin when I'm on it.

HappyMan

Nice post Mustang!  I love that rig.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Stretch

Making that Georgia Tiger ride around in weather like that... how rude.

:mrgreen:

armadillo76

Count me in as jealous too! Although I did use my motorcycle gear the other day.....snowblowing the yards:-(
When does the video come out?!
AndyB, NH.

fano

:hello2   I am so jealous. I  can only ride my snowblower now too. :lol:

wyobonnie

Too much time on your hands, Brother...

If you need something to do to keep y'self occupied, either get that Thunderbird working or start on my sidecar.

TwoShots

Wow that's a cold ride out.

Webster Lake was a great place to meet girls when I was a teen.  Thanks for the flashback.
TS
\'07 Tiger 1050
\'07 Suzuki DR-Z 400
Kolob Web Studio