News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front Axle Removal Tool

Started by TwoShots, February 26, 2009, 01:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoShots

FYI for the 1050 riders-
While looking for a decent, packable 22mm front axle tool to take on long trips, I found this.

Originally designed for BMW 1200 series bikes, it fits the 1050 axle perfectly.  I used it to pull my tire today.  The handle is easily removed if you want to use it with a socket wrench.

I got it at http://www.marcparnes.com/BMW_Axle_Tool.htm
$25.00
No affiliation.  Just sharing the find.
TS
\'07 Tiger 1050
\'07 Suzuki DR-Z 400
Kolob Web Studio

droopydawg

Thats a fine looking tool.  maybe I should have gone that route instead.  I bought a 22mm Allen wrench, and had a small length of it cut off to use as a driver socket.  It fits right into a 22mm socket, and then attach it to my torque wrench for the 80lbs required.  One would think there would be something in the factory tool kit to be able to take off the front wheel.

bomber

I snagged a short (1/2") bolt whose head was the proper dimention, and two nuts to thread together onto the bolt. does the job nicely, fits in the original tool pouch, and can't beat the price!
Peter Egan Stand-in