News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

** H E L P ** I need Crash Bars In A Hurry!

Started by JasonS, April 06, 2009, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atokad

I've never used Ma's but most of the "press" I have seen on them has been outstanding. Have any of you watched T H E   W E A T E R   C H A N N E L lately?  Ma's IS in FARGO, ya know?

Maybe you could cut them some slack. They have been underwater for about a month now and it rained there ALL DAY today!

I don't know there situation for sure, but just sayin....

TigerTrax

I think you should contact John Fitzwater at TB...
That is not how he runs his business. Obviously the bars were wrong.

I wouldn't doubt he picks up on this thread. . .

( I know ... you were in a rush )

Ma's has always been 'non-responsive'. They offer a nice set of crash bars and if they are out you wait until they have some. It's a shame they
have not refined their customer service to be responsive... but that's how a lot of small shops operate.... until someone else says.... " I can do it better." That's how things work.

As for their flooding... no doubt they have either been moving equipment and inventory out of harms way... and that is understandable. Their worse is yet to come in Fargo...
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

JasonS

I think TB didn't, see or ever get the 06 tiger the States did. Remember that the 06 has the 1050 engine case which is totally different from the 955 case.

The bars I got showed evidence of having been deployed. meaning they were installed prior to my use, which was a known possibility. There is no way in hades that the bars were anything other than not designed for the 1050 case.

I have sent two in-depth emails to TB, both unanswered at this point, but ?? who knows.. maybe the person I sent to is on vacation?? I d not have a n issue with TB... I had a suspicion that there might be an issue.

Fargo... yeah .. beat up hard.... MA's was above the flood stage, but the people were still going through it and the.. I had order my bars on Feb 6th, waited a month and started making weekly calls. My issue with MA's is they knew at some point 2-3 weeks prior to actually telling me that they were not likely to get me a set of bars, and that iI was approaching a deadline for getting them.  Bob is a nice guy and I won't badmouth except to say I was let down and that MA's doesn't communicate well. To a point, they are horrible at returning email.
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

coachgeo

It's beginng to sound like to me that folk would be better off going to a 4x4 fabrication shop, race car fabrication shop, or ornamental welding/fabrication place and have them bend up what you need custom.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

DobroDog

Quote from: "JasonS"I bought a set from Thunderbike. At the same rough cost as a set from Touratech. Frankly I guess I am happy I am getting the Thunderbike set... I had shied away due to the cost, but they are the better product I think. The TT set were $338 plus shipping of around $30.. I am paying $376 for the TT bars.... they may be here by Sat... but in all likelihood it'll be Monday....

now I am having a nice bourbon manhatten  with extra cherries.

Jason

Just installed my Thunder Bike bars last Saturday... Right side was easy. After several hours of creative wrenching on the left side I went to Home Depot and picked up a set of stubby metric wrenches. Triumph does not used a captured nut for the top engine mounts and the front mount on the left side was a bugger for me. No room for a conventional wrench. I tried comming at it from the right side with sockets, extentions, and universal joints but just could not get a solid bit.

Stubby wrench made it easy.

Luck to you

Tim
DobroDog

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "TigerTrax"As for their flooding... no doubt they have either been moving equipment and inventory out of harms way... and that is understandable. Their worse is yet to come in Fargo...

The shop itself is not near the river. Bob's house was in greater danger, I was by his house a few days ago and one of his neighbors clearly had the entire contents of his basement in the front yard. Keep in mind the city was asked to shut down for a week in the spring. Not excusing the poor communication, just sayin' he's had some other stuff goung on.

We are in the clear now and will start cleaning up next week, it shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 months...
Bruin\'