News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

steamer parts for sale. Engine and tranny for now more later

Started by coachgeo, April 16, 2009, 06:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

using two parts bikes to make one.  Final bike will have a transplanted diesel engine so I will need no engine parts.

Post up what parts you want and I'll try to come up with a price. Make offers too.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

pinner

I am in need of a plastic piston guide out of the carb.  I know, I know,  a very obscure single part.  I would be interested in a price for the guide and piston, a single carb or the bank of carbs.
 Cheers, Kevin
"The path to righteousness and wisdom is as narrow and difficult to walk as the razor\'s edge."

Sinnergy

Sin_Tiger

I could use some instrument cluster parts or the whole cluster if it's economical enough.

The dial cards and warning light symbols have faded quite badly, presumably from years left in the sun.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

coachgeo

Sin Tiger- I am in the US.  Would shipping to another country make it too cost prohibitive?

Everyone.  The second of the two bikes is 300 miles away from the other.  Friend will somewhere in the next 4-6weeks get the two together in southern CA and be able to create for me some idea of what parts I need from the Ugly Rat Bike to make the Shiny Rat Bike the perfect donor for my diesel engine.  Then we can determine out of that what is left I should keep as spares and what will then be sold.

For example...... maybe you guys can answer this one.  Since I will have two sets of rims.... should I keep a set so I can put a set off off road tires on one and general purpose tires on the other set?

I see that some riders on adventure trips carry spare tires, or cary set of tires for road trip and set for offroad. Have not see anyone carry wheels and tires.  If ad the rimes.. would you still carry just the tire due to desire to keep weight low (or some other reason) or???

If I should keep a set of rims..... should I keep sprocket and brake parts already mounted to it so I do not have to swap so much out to change tires?

TigerTrax

Youu could also tow a camper in case it rains; Perhaps a spare engine just in case yours blows......

There are a lot of 'what ifs'... I think the best is simply take care of your bike, use good sense when working on the bike, know what works in a pinch.

Unless you are out in the 'boonies' .... carry your credit card, cell phone, flashlight, tent, sleeping bag, wet & warm clothing, 2 tie down straps, and change of undies! .... oh ..... toilet paper!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

coachgeo

Sorry for not gettign my question across correctly.  Im not thinking so much about on the road repair spares.  

Took this discussion HERE since it really does not belong in classifieds.

Sin_Tiger

Carriage is a factor of course, Main thing is if they are in very good shape and a fair price it may be worth the cost.

If you have the time to take some photos and suggest a price that would be good though I realise you are in a bit of upheaval at the moment.

You are probably as well placed as anyone to determine if they are in worthwile condition, hint - look at them in the dark with the back lights on. Mine look not bad in daylight but pretty cr@p at night.

PM me when you have time.

Niall
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint