News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Tiger Season Opener 09 - Lionheart Mansion - Germany

Started by GatorTiger, April 28, 2009, 09:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorTiger

On I went.... The last place on my list was a place called "Castle Hämelschenburg". Located between Bad Pyrmont and Hameln (yes, the town with the guy that played music to catch rats) it is in my old stomping grounds in my early days in the navy (had a girl friend there).

Not a river, but a road runs through it:

It still looks great! There is an article on the German Wikipedia (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A4melschenburg), but not on the EN one... I will leave it to the interested reader to babelfish a translation......

8)

Once you get off the street this is what you see:

Built in 1400 today the grounds host a horse stud... Quite a romantic setting for horses! The rest of the grounds breath the history!

Nice rain pipes!

Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

GatorTiger

I snacked on some cold hot dogs on the side of the road while soaking up the atmosphere. My path would lead me through Hameln (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hameln). A nice town with a beautiful town center. Lots of old houses and plenty of charm. I can highly recommend visiting it!

Today the weather was not good for a longer stop. There is no parking and rain started again. So I gassed up, stowed the camera, and went on...

I don't know where it was (what town, that is), but somewhere along the way I looked to the right and saw this:

Damn! THAT I had not seen in a looooooong time!!!!! I quickly parked the bike and got me into a better position:

Storks on a chimney!!! Talk about warm fuzzies!!!

Back on the bike... It was getting late and that blue break in my sky was really gone now... Not really photo weather, but I had to get those storks...

I wasn't really looking for anything to take pics of. Not even close. I was close to getting home and the sights became fewer. But something caught my eye, so again I turned around, perked the bike and took the picture:

Just savor it a bit..................

GatorTiger

I chuckled and hoped back on the bike, turned the key, and.....................nothing! Not even a light! Nothing!! WTF? I was only there for a minute to take the picture...

The clock was working, so the there still was juice. Not sure if it was enough, but if there was juice period, should there not be some warning lights working (oil etc)? But there was nothing! And of course it started raining!

I had parked on the parking lot of a grocery store across the street of the "Indiana" restaurant. Since it was Sunday the store was closed and the carts were stored away. I pushed the bike under a little roof where the carts usually are and started to take the fairing off. Had the fused checked before that: all fine... Next up: the key cylinder... I had a broken cable on my Girly in the US once! So that was the next thing I checked. All fine! With the ignition on I wiggled the cables... There! Light!!! I started the bike, it ran fine for 5 seconds, and died again! All lights off! Darn!

Now the fairing was completely off, my hand was in the front checking cables. When I got to plug and fumbled it some I saw the light come and go... Guess I had the culprit! After taking the plug apart and putting it back together I managed to kee the lights on again. I quickly reassembled the bike and drove off before the switch would loose contact again.

I guess after sitting on the side of the road the contacts had corroded and I now was getting the effects of it... But: I managed to get home alright. Just got wet with a few drops along the way. When I got home it REALLY started to come down... Lucked out again!

It was a great weekend! Can't wait to go on longer trips! Since then I overhauled the electrics and contacts. So bit by bit there is less risk of breakdowns. The bike is running great and it a lot of fun...

So stand by for the next trips with pics soon (hopefully....)

HappyMan

:hello2  :hello2  :hello2  :hello2  :hello2  :hello2

Ausgezeichneten Bericht! Vielen Dank.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Brit/Man

I think some thing is wrong with your camara as I look fat in your photo`s :lol:
So you all know why my english is so bad, I faild my 11+(WGAF) but I'am doing OK in life :-)

I`am to old too die young.

Don`t dream of the past,
Don`t dwell on the future,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.