News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Weaving

Started by Bixxer Bob, May 07, 2009, 10:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

No,  not baskets; and not Tiger either - but maybe useful anyway.

I've been chasing a slow speed weave on my blackbird for ages.  I made the mistake of changing tyres, front springs, rear shock and head bearings all at once.  So when I test rode it and found a slow speed weave, I didn't know where to start.  I worked through everything I'd done: springs, then shock then tyres and nothing cured it.... until tonight.  In my obsession with suspension, I'd forgotten I'd done the head bearings.  I checked them tonight and they were over tight.  I backed them off 1/4 turn and the weave has gone.  Now I just have to put all the expensive new suspension back on  :BangHead
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting