News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bungee net hold down

Started by Mini Mo, May 19, 2009, 06:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini Mo

Does anyone know what the 2 8mm threaded holes are for on the sides of the frame under the passenger seat? I used these to attach a couple of 2" X 8mm bolts with a bungee nut welded on (sloppy welds, zinc plating!). I used a flange nut to lock it in place. Just use a 3" bolt if you don't want to go the welded route. Just one more spot to attach to!
Cheers
1999 Tiger
2006 KTM 450 EXC
1971 Honda CB750

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Mini Mo"Does anyone know what the 2 8mm threaded holes are for on the sides of the frame under the passenger seat?

Yes - Those are for the Happy Trails SU rack mount. Nice of Triumph to thread the holes for us  :lol:
Bruin\'

Tom Herold

Great idea, now I don't have to stretch my bunee net down to the passenger foot peg mounts!
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton