News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Your Favourite Colour Tiger

Started by The Kurgan, May 25, 2009, 12:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukon

FBAHAMON's  custom "Amstel Red" tiger found in this thread is a favorite!

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,1743

The Kurgan

Quote from: "Mustang"... here is my 2002 Standard Bonneville in 'Cobalt Blue w / silver' from the factory.  It was a limited run, something like 250 units and no mention of it in any of the brochures, it had something to do with the Queen' I think.

:lol:  :ImaPoser

I'm sure there are many motorcycle models from every manufacturer with some kind of limited run feature. Helps to sell motorcycles when the buyer thinks they have something a bit more unique. However, I have not heard of any pre-2007 Tigers having a limited run paint job. But I could be wrong.

What I did notice, however, is that Triumph tends to "use up" parts before moving to something newer. Take my 2005 Girly for example... it was an "early model" and got the earlier fuel tank with the double plastic fuel fittings and the exposed fuel pressure regulator (minus the regulator hose!). It also has the earlier lower-cut style front fairing. I think when Triumph ran out of the old parts, they began adding the newer tank parts in the mid to late 2005 model production run. So technically, I have a 2004-2005 crossover model (like Cos's orange Tiger above). I guess ours were a limited production run.  :D

The same thing with the engine cases... Triumph built only 3000 model year 2005 Tigers.... but when demand continued to be high, they simply started building the 2006 model earlier than normal and added the newer 1050 style cases. I guess there was no sense producing more older style cases when the Roadie was already in the design/test stages.

Perhaps its the same thing with paint colour? A few earlier/later production run models could have been badged as another model year? Was that pretty colbalt blue colour an option in 2001 or 2003?

Perhaps some early 2005 models were given black plastics because there was some leftover black plastics from 2004. I don't know.

Now, back to paint colour favourites...
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Mustang

Quote from: "The Kurgan"What I did notice, however, is that Triumph tends to "use up" parts before moving to something newer.

They certainly do , even the Triumphs of old from the 50's and 60's were the same way , all the old parts were used up 1st before moving on ......

Quote from: "The Kurgan"Perhaps its the same thing with paint colour? A few earlier/later production run models could have been badged as another model year? Was that pretty colbalt blue colour an option in 2001 or 2003?

nope none of the model year Bonnevilles listed a Cobalt Blue as a color option , not even the T-100's , in 03 they had a sapphire blue T100 that was close in color but not the same paint scheme . The Cobalt Blue  came out the same time as the Silver Jubilee retro bonneville did .

paulie

the blazing orange on the 2009s is amazing in person.
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

TheMule

Alright,

At first blush the roulette green may take a little getting used to but after gazing at it for a couple of days it grows on you. I really like the BRG on steamers, the roulette green on the girls, and black on the roadies.

my 2 cents,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Buggles

It has to be the Orange one, specifically, Lucifer Orange 2003/2004 (with the black stripes as opposed to the silverish ones).

Looks amazing!

And no, I'm not biased :D:D

JB
2004 Triumph Tiger - Crash bars, Dual headlight upgrade, K&N airfilter
1993 Suzuki DR 800 BIG, fully farkled & tuned.

outrunner

Quote from: "Buggles"It has to be the Orange one, specifically, Lucifer Orange 2003/2004 (with the black stripes as opposed to the silverish ones).

Looks amazing!

And no, I'm not biased :D:D

JB

Yes you are!!  :D  :D  :D

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

oxnsox

QuoteWhat I did notice, however, is that Triumph tends to "use up" parts before moving to something newer.

Since Kurgan is Hijacking his own thread...
Using up (and odd) parts across a model range seems like a pretty common thing across the British motorcycle industry and not just towards its end when most marques had common owners and manufacturers.  If you follow any Q&As threads on some of the older bikes for sale this can lead to some amusing comments by purests and owner users and riders.

... and pretty as all those colours are....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Kurgan

sorry for hijacking my own thread... but it was kind of related to colours  :lol:  :oops:

Now back to the colour conversation  :D
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Bestem Topbox
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

haulin' daze

British Racing Green kicks butt. My Lucifer Orange is a close 2nd. I'd LOVE flat black w/no decals. I saw one hear once. Maybe I'll try it... :D

DSDreamin

I am in for Yellow.

Hopefully one of you all would know someone that would like to buy this one.
[/img]

Sin_Tiger

What can I say but guess  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

The Kurgan

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"What can I say but guess  :lol:

Ummmm... Caspian blue?  :lol:
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Bestem Topbox
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "The Kurgan"
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"What can I say but guess  :lol:

Ummmm... Caspian blue?  :lol:

Yup  :lol:  even the Vara is pretty close to that. Mind you I can't say I have ever seen a colour that the Tiger didn't look good in (haven't seen a pink one yet )  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ccherry

well, blazing orange to be specific since i gots me a roadie!