News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A few Pics From My Trip

Started by JasonS, June 23, 2009, 06:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonS

Here It all is ready to go

Some call me.. .Smurf...  :lol:

Seldom Used But Nice To Have

Hit some wicked nasty dust in Tx....

Honest.. there is a nice wheel under there.... somewhere?!?!?

Full Moon Set - 6am Texas Desert

Inside The Basin at Big Bend National Park

Moon Rise - Big Bend National Park  Same spot as above( no bike)

It All Fits!

Final Teaser... Some awesome Sunsets

....at some point I'll write the trip report!
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

abruzzi

Nice.  I haven't been to big bend in a few years.  I'll have to make my way back.

Geof

chairhead

Wow great pics, :bowdown
what camera do you use?
like the tankbags,where are they from?
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

JasonS

A Panasonic Lumix TZ4 ... It is a fav of the ADV clan... I did my own research.. for hours and picked it.. was talking to a friend last spring and he had gone the same route.. .researching and reading for days... he came to the same conclusion... a great camera.. .the 28mm lens is a HUGE factor, allowing easy landscapes.. takes a 8gb data card.. !!.. I had three spare batts and and charger..

The Tank Panniers are Mountain Sun. I seam sealed the inside and water proofed the outside.. fitting was OK.. they held the gas cans, water, toolkit, spare parts... most of the heavy stuff...

I'll eventually cover all the gear and why I chose what I did, in my trip report... just processing the pics is quite a chore... !!

thanks for the compliments

Big Bend is a very unique spot in the world... isolated forest surrounded by hundreds of miles of desert...
\'tweachisown

zadok_oz

Fantastic ride and pics. I've already decided my next camera will be a Panasonic. Well done. :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

HappyMan

Nicely done!!  :hello2  :hello2  :hello2  :hello2  :hello2
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

chairhead

Jason,
i see at some point you have changed your tyres to the tourences,for offroad i presume,did you wear the others out?,
in pic 9 is that a Eureka timberline tent i see?,you look pretty well wrapped up there in that blue over suit and balaclava,what time of year was your trip and how cold did it get?,sorry for the stupid questions,
just interested you see :D,thanks for the info on the tank panniers,although the website photos are crap,do you have any others that you took whilst on your trip?

cheers mate
jules
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

REGULATOR

I miss Big Bend, used to race the big bike race in Lajitas each year...

JasonS

The tires were a case of "this is what is available form a dealer", but in hindsight they were a good choice.

The Cont Attacks are great tires, but they are not a touring tire and burn up for me in about 5k. I had the same experience with Mich Pilots, and Avons on my '03 ST.

The tourances have about 4k on them now and I expect to get at least 7 k out of them by thge way they are wearing.

They are more stable on dirt and gravel than the Attacks, but are still sucky in sand.

That is my 6yr old Timberline4.. I also used the optional vestibule and a vestibule and as a shade tarp... .highly recommended for camping in the desert west.

I left Maine on Apr 24th... I got back to Maine on May16th... it was chilly to start... I always wear the Bala to keep helmet funk down and to help deflect bugs away from my tender neck... I ended up sending the Stich home in a box, after I replaced it with mesh gear...

Quote from: "chairhead"Jason,
i see at some point you have changed your tyres to the tourences,for offroad i presume,did you wear the others out?,
in pic 9 is that a Eureka timberline tent i see?,you look pretty well wrapped up there in that blue over suit and balaclava,what time of year was your trip and how cold did it get?,sorry for the stupid questions,
just interested you see :D,thanks for the info on the tank panniers,although the website photos are crap,do you have any others that you took whilst on your trip?

cheers mate
jules
\'tweachisown

TigerTrax

uh.... Jason.....
Lil Jason will confirm this....

another Jason... BIG Jason of Iowa....
has far more tools than you...... and he brings 'em all!
I'd say 40 lbs worth!

Plus... he can bring his mountain bike and 16' kayak.

Nice pics!

We need some Texicans to put together a Big Bend Tiger rally!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

coachgeo

Quote from: "TigerTrax"...We need some Texicans to put together a Big Bend Tiger rally!
I have a Gymnastics School in North TX that would make for an easy meet up place in TX or a place for indoor camp out on a weekend with advance notice.

Location is Pilot Point TX.

I also shoot bikes... ahhh with a Camera and or Bike and Rider for photochopped potraits.  Low Low prices.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

jsingraham

uh.... Jason.....
Lil Jason will confirm this....

another Jason... BIG Jason of Iowa....
has far more tools than you...... and he brings 'em all!
I'd say 40 lbs worth!

That is very true...and his Tiger has got to be the absolute loudest one you have ever heard....you hear it from blocks away!
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

JasonS

I tend to ride with earplugs all the time, so I also tend to forget I have the TOR and it can be rather... Barkish.. yeah, Barkish... crack that throttle too much and poodles and little old ladies loose their hair when in close proximity!  today I did few miles between stops with out the plugs in and lost a bit of my own hair..  feels and sounds so nice..

\'tweachisown

JasonS

relaxing with a book and avoiding the sun

It was low 90's during the day up in the mountains, hot, but not as hot as the 100-110 in the surrounding desert.. by noon it is time to find shade and settle in for the bake of the day

\'tweachisown

JasonS

When you push on through the night.. .till 3 am...  this is what your bike looks like at 7am...

\'tweachisown