News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine Cooling

Started by grimjack, June 25, 2009, 01:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimjack

I have an '07 Tiger with 12,200 miles on it.  Yesterday evening when I got home form work and leand the bike on the side stand, antifreeze ran our of the overflow.  Approximatly 2 - 3 oz.  Everything was working normally, temp guage in normal range and fan was operating.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Ready to ride

droopydawg

At about the same milage as you, it also happened.  It turned out that I needed to change out the coolant.  I guess the coolant that is put in at the factory is not up to the needs or maybe standards of the U.S. rider?
I flushed it out and replaced the coolant.  I also removed and cleaned out the overflow, as it had some odd looking gunk in there. I just did my second coolant change this past weekend..at 17.6k. (I noticed that the coolant in the overflow was no longer green).

Speed3guy

I haven't had the problem yet on my Roadie, but on my Girly and a few others I know of the radiator cap gets weak with time.  This allows you to loose coolant on hot days and/or high altitude.

Guy

redbirds

Last spring I changed the coolant in my '07. The catch tank needed to be cleaned as it was full of muddy looking crud. It took four flushes with distilled water to clean this brown mess out of the system. I refilled with Honda motorcycle coolant and Tiger now runs one bar cooler.  A new radiator cap may be needed if you're having overflow.
Living vicariously through myself.