News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gear Lever replacement

Started by mittens, June 27, 2009, 05:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittens

well, to cut a long story short,  Tigger was on her side on my driveway......

My local stealer wanted AU$198 for a gear lever,  $98 for a indicator and 278 for an alternator cover.
Needless to say I went looking for other options....still managing not to loose my temper :x  which I am a little proud of.

SO..the Honda stealer across the road had a Kwaka KDX175/200/250 aftermarket which fit like a glove, however it is a little longer, so those of you with big feet might even prefer it, for me however it just means that I change with my big toe now, rather than with my foot. On the up side, this one folds back, so if it should happen again, it will fold back, and not snap off. And its made of 4mm steel, that will help the centre of gravity :lol:
"If a hammer doesn\'t fix it you have an electrical problem"

Roulette Green 2001 Tiger 955i

Sin_Tiger

Looks quite tidy.

Wonder if it would work with the steamer as well  :idea:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Looks quite tidy.

Wonder if it would work with the steamer as well  :idea:

nope
footpeg , kickstand bracket is in the way

Stretch

I've linked this thread to the Shift Lever post in the Parts Cross-Reference Guide.

walker

also looks like it would be a problem on the 885i girlies.... the gear selector shaft is closer to the foot rest mount - it's about an inch further back.... the gear selector arm on the 885i is longer.

just a FYI for those considering it, with a 1999-2000 model.