News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New 2006 owner saying hello

Started by mnormand, June 30, 2009, 05:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnormand

Ok, here we go, snatched this 06 Girly up this week.  All my recent experience is  DS Jap bikes, currently have Suz 07 DR650 now.  Biggest has been Honda 1100 cruiser 10 yrs ago.

Bought sight unseen, without a test ride, delivery was today. Took a quick first ride this evening, will go again tomorrow evening. Usual buffeting, and handlebar reach is kinda long? I'm average 6ft, 200#.  Corbin seat, I can't quite flatfoot.  But the seat is comfy for sure, no issues there. Maybe the Corbin is back just a bit?

The velcro'd-windshield lip is kinda unnerving, so I rode without it.

Certainly fast enough, guess I somewhat expected lower revs at cruising speed.

I will have to go easy till I get used to this, like anything...quite a change. I'm very comfy on the DR, its fast and easy on the backroads. Trying not to form an opinion too quick.  My hats off to you guy who can ride this Tiger fast offroad.  :lol:  Should get in a bunch of ride time this weekend.

[/img]
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

TheMule

Welcome aboard !!

You'll get used to it really fast and then you'll be smiling not stop while the kitty purrs down the road..........

These bikes are infectious!!

have fun,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

JasonS

.. .looks familiar.. but then it should as I have one just like it, yep it is still there...

Now the seat... I bought a black seat with yellow piping a little over a year ago at a dealer who was closing. The seat had been custom ordered but never picked up, so I got a good deal... but I traded it to a guy in Tx for another corbin... I thought he had a yellow bike, but maybe I assumed that??

My corbin is narrow in the front allowing the legs to come closer together and making it easier to touch down, but then I am 6'4 or so...

The Tiger is a tall bike, and is top heavy... which takes a bit of getting used to.. .like planning how you move more as when the weight gets too far over, it gets too heavy to hold up :shock:

Jason
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Sin_Tiger

Congratulations. I hope you have the other essential accessory for Tiger owners, a full face helmet to keep the bugs out of your teeth when you are constantly grinning. I'm sure that's why they were invented  :D

Hope it gets a bit drier for you. 8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

You'll get used to the cruising rpm buzzes.  

Going fast offroad is not the problem.  Getting that big beast hauled down to controllable speed when the unexpected happens off pavement is a real problem.  Take it easy at first.  Big bikes don't slow down so well on dirt roads. :shock:

Congrats on a pretty blue Girly! :wink:
From parts unknown.

pletdj

Welcome aboard!  I also have a 2004 Suzuki DR650 and love both bikes as well.  The Dr is my around town scooter and shorter range ride.  You could ride it long distance as well!!!  Great bike.  BUT, i wouldn't be without my tiger.  Have had many bikes in the past years and the tiger so far is one of the best!
I agree with your comment about the guys who are able to ride the tiger hard on the rough stuff!  not for me!
2005 Triumph Tiger
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika

mnormand

Well, put a quick 100miles this afternoon after work.  About 95 degrees or so at 4pm. Damn it was hot.

I -have- to do something about that windshield.  I wear contacts and a full face (cheap) helmet.  If I change to a shorty shield hopefully I won't get so much turbulance around my head/face which plays havoc with my contacts.   This bike has the tall Triumph shield, I'm gonna locate a new or used shorty and see if that's better.  And upgrade my hemet to a good Shoei or such very soon.

This bike rips for sure!   :shock:   :shock:  :shock: :D
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

mnormand

Update:
Installed the MRA Vario and barback risers, quick 50mi sprint last night. Borrowed my Alaska pad and Wolfman tank bag from the DR650, fits good enough for now.
Much better wind control, not perfect, but heck at 70+ have to be realistic. Trading my tall Triumph screen for a shorty with a nice member here.. thanks!

Service manual on the way, tank extension fittings too, radiator flush and valve check soon  :shock:  Actron brake vaccuum kit coming too  :shock: again.  Never done those jobs before, will read much and proceed slowly. Got Maxi/8ga fuse holder, sasquatch mod forthcoming soon too.

Medical card .. details on rear.  Hope everyone has a version of this.
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R