News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trip through Canada

Started by Tomsblutiger1, August 20, 2009, 01:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomsblutiger1

I recently finished a ride through Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon and Hyder Alaska.  Wow!  The country is beautiful! 5500 miles in 13 days.  I want to go again.
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

Yukon

Beautiful country and great pics. What areas did you visit?

Tomsblutiger1

Canmore to Jasper on Highway 93 through the Alberta Mountains.  Stop to see the Ice Fields.  North to Dawson Creek, BC, which is mile zero starting the Alaska Highway.  Then up the Alaska Highway to Watson Lake, Yukon, with the Sign Post Forest and signs from all over the world.  Down the Cassier Highway and into Stewart BC, and on to Hyder Alaska, just to say I drove to Alaska.  Rode home via Prince George, Kamloop, Nelson and across Kootenay Lake.  With terrific twisty roads that you just had to go 1.5 times the speed limit, with beautiful mountains everywhere.   Had rain on and off the first few days, but perfect weather through out.  I did see 3 other Tigers on the trip.  A Blue 06 Tiger in Yellowstone, and a Black and Silver traveling together in Fort Nelson BC.

HockleyBoy

Nice pics, looks like a good trip.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

zadok_oz

Very nice. Well done. :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

EvilBetty

Now THERE is a new take on a windshield!
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

coachgeo

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Now THERE is a new take on a windshield!
A picture at ADV riders pointed out that one of these guys was VERY tall. I assume that he rode the blue Girly judging by the height of that windscreen and the height/angle of the mirrors.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

brad1098

Great pictures.  :thumbsup

How do you spell Fin-nom-men-nal.....Phyn.....Phenyom.....you know what I mean

What tires are you running?
02 black-Lorna

Tomsblutiger1

Thanks Brad1098!  I'm still daydreaming about it and the people I met along the way.  I'm running Anakees front and back.  The front is the original with just over 12000 miles and still looks good for more.  I put a new back tire on before the trip.

Tiger Rider

Did you get Hyderized?

Tomsblutiger1

I sure did!  Plus a few Alaska beers!  Made for an interesting night.  One of the 2 bars in Hyder is wallpapered in money from all over the world with peoples signatures and dates.  Pretty cool!

BigMark

Nice photos Tom.

Looks like a Good Trip. My Mrs and her Canadian friend are trying to convince me to visit British Columbia next year, looks like i have a source for ride ideas now :D

That screen! Make it yourself?

Tomsblutiger1

I did make the screen.  I just couldn't see spending $150 or more on a taller wider screen that didn't have great results.  In a nutshell, I bent and cut to fit 1/8" polycarbonate to an aluminum frame.  I also used stainless steel tubing to brace the top end of the frame and is bolted to the radiator mounting bolts.  Works really well and have zero buffeting.  Thanks for asking!

coachgeo

Quote from: "Tomsblutiger1"I did make the screen. ...!
does one side have some pices broken off or is that an optical illusion?  Looks like you spaced it up a tad off the front fairing a bit.  Is that so air can flow under it?

COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Tomsblutiger1

A picture is worth a thousand words.  I probably should patent this and sell it.  The frame allows screen to overlap the fairing making it wider and allowing less of a bend.  The back view lets you see the frame and the tube bracing.  The polycarbonate is cut on the side to allow full lock turning and it looks pretty cool!  Bending the polycarbonate was pretty tricky with a heat gun, and I bent the aluminum in a roll former at a tin shop.