News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer side car

Started by Slyos, June 11, 2005, 04:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slyos

Hi everybody,

I am thinking about building a side car for my 95 steamer, could anybody give me some useful advice.... and where can I find the most detailed photos ?

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain

noivson

Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

tigrotto

take a look at this sidecar...

visit here

Slyos

beautiful !!!! thanks

Slyos

jp4evr

Sylos - what is the engine guard you have on your steamer?  not the Thunderbike crash bars, but the up-front protection on the pipes and the under-carriage.

I'm just feeling awfully exposed on the bottom end.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

RedMenace

The Red Menace

barjan

This swinging sidecar got me thinking.

I don't have the space to park a bike with a sidecar.

I like to have my bike in solo-riding setup for commuting most of the time.

I liked motorcycle vacations/trips, but what to do with the kids now.....

I'm wondering what it's like to ride it and what time it takes to (dis)connect. Anyone got any experience with it?

RedMenace

I had problems breaking the frame tubes coming from the spine to the top front motor mounts. we ended up tacking a metal plate in the triangular space formed by the frame tube, brace tube and spine of the frame-seems to work and doesnt get in the way of things like setting the valves. I would do this as part of the set up if I were mounting a sidecar to a Steamer
The Red Menace