News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hühnerstalltreffen,Alpershausen

Started by chairhead, September 15, 2009, 09:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairhead

Friday saw me leave for Alpershausen in northern Germany,i had to work all day Friday,then ride to the ferry port in Dover,230 ish miles,i arrived in time to catch the 22.oohrs crossing,a two hour sailing to Dunkerque and i was on French soil at 01.00

Everybody does this right??

Off the ferry and i ride through the night the remainder of the distance,a lonley 650 miles,i was very lucky with the weather,no rain that was a blessing,i arrived at the Hühnerstalltreffen at 08.15 on Saturday morning,
a little tired and a bit saddle sore, i parked the bike up(the only Tiger there)and went for breakfast,which at two Euro's was a bargin,breakfast over i went and put my accomodation in a nice spot

i very nearly did a stupid thing and bought a new tent,but then thought "ive got tarps" and used one,saved myself some bucks.

Tarp up,it was time to get some zzzzzzeds in,i was up again around 10.30am and watching others arrive,at about 13.00hrs i wondered over to the food hut and ordered a couple of Bratwurst and a cold Guiness,
that was it then,the Guiness was never out of my hand all night

Me on the left with the furthest distance award and my mate Jens from Hamburg.

There was a little rain in the night and my head got soaked,very strangley i found it quite refreshing,maybe the copious amount of Guiness had something to do with that.

Sunday i was up bright as a button and rode home with another friend to stay at his house close to Hannover,i left monday morning at 08.50hrs and arrived back home in sunny cardiff at 20.30hrs.

This was the first long trip i had taken on the Tiger,to say i am impressed is an understatement,the fuel consumption i think is fantastic,the Bmw handguards i fitted were great,the high speed stabilty was very reasurring
but i might have to get myself a gel seat, my arse did suffer ive got to say
even with the dead sheep on the saddle :D
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Nick Calne

Excellent Trip. Please post more photo's!!

How did you find the ferry?  I have never taken the bike on the ferry before, but always watched the other bikers from the misery of the car and thought that looks bloody brilliant!  :lol:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

TheMule

Fanatastic.

Love the green tiger  :D .

The head on those beers looks incredibly inviting...time to make for the fridge.

thanks for the writeup,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

HappyMan

Brilliant! Ich liebe Deutschland .....
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com