News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Too Tall Tigger Syndrome claims another victim

Started by Advwannabe, September 27, 2009, 10:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

I hadn't seen one of my childhood best friends for almost 20 years. We spent the evening reminiscing and catching up on our lives in the interim.

Trev and I used to terrorise the honda 4 boys on our RD400s and later LCs when we were kids and we both still ride. So I didn't think anything more than the standard warning brief about how to handle Tigger was needed when we went for a ride the following morning. I even stopped a couple of times in the first few minutes to make sure he was o.k

Unfortunately when we pulled up for the third time he didn't get the required commitment into proping up the bike and over he went at a standstill. Result: one broken collarbone and a lot of medical expense and inconveniece for poor Trev. He's going to be fine otherwise and the crashbars meant that the bike was undamaged, which was a small mercy

A precautionary tale I guess, to take extra care to inform anyone who rides our bikes that they are a bit awkward at paddling speed.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

HappyMan

Good point.  I'm so used to riding tall bikes for me that I've totally forgotten what it's like for someone that isn't used to it.  Good post....
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Dr. Mordo

I did the same thing with my Steamer about a month ago.  I felt like an idiot.  I felt it going, couldn't stop it, and so manged to get out from under it but got thrown a few feet into the road.

Luckily, no one was driving past...
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

I practice with my Varadero :shock: , after that anything else is, well not a piece of cake but certainly a much more pleasant experience .   :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint