News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger without rear suspension

Started by Colonel Nikolai, November 21, 2009, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Nikolai

Removed the rear suspension to send to Suspensions by Sasquatch to have it redone. Anxiously awaiting the new unit!
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Sin_Tiger

A hard tail Steamer, that sounds interesting.

You'll be buying an HD next  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

All my friends...do the low rider..... :lol:
From parts unknown.

Colonel Nikolai

Lol, I guess it does look like a low rider steamer a bit!  8)

oxnsox

Ahh... A picture of a naked Steamer.... with a hard tail....
 Now I understand JD's Stripper
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasquatch

I am in control of your bike's destiny........ Buahahahaha!!!!!

:D

Spring has been shipped, but with the holiday, I am anticipating having it done by Monday/Tuesday of next week.

Colonel Nikolai

Cool! Hopefully I won't be installing it when snow is on the ground, but if I have to, I will! :)

Sasquatch

Colonel Nikolai

Awesome!!!11!

Just got the UPS Quantum View notification a few minutes ago.  Can't wait to put 'er all back together.  :headbang

aeronca

sasquatch does awsome work - you'll be very very happy. :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Colonel Nikolai

I totally can't wait. I'm just bummed that the conditions might be too icy to even try it out :cry: but we'll see.

Colonel Nikolai

The unit it coming tomorrow!

:wav

Yay!

HappyMan

8) I can't wait to hear what you think about it.  Of course considering we're getting about 6" tomorrow you might have to wait until January before the roads are clear enough.  If you like winter rides I'm always game so give me a holler!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Colonel Nikolai

Got the new shock tonight! First noticeable difference: The spring is shorter and progressive. I have to start shoveling out my sidewalks and driveway before I can even think about putting it back in the Tiger. *Sigh*

:cry:

The only thing surprising me is the preload nut is free-spinning now: I thought that was the thing that's supposed to, erm, preload the spring? Should it be snug against the spring mount or is it vestigal now?

aeronca

i think you will need to set the sag, thus the free spinning nut. mine came like that from sasquatch, and when he explained to me what to do, it made sense.  congrats, cant wait for the ride report.  by the way - went for a spin today - 28 deg. in the sun - after 40 miles at 70, my fingers were frickin burning numb, but at least there was no snow :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!