News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

passing the torch

Started by abruzzi, November 29, 2009, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Most of you have probably seen that Stretch was recently in a pretty bad accident.  He told me that he is probably not going to be replacing the tiger, and so asked to step down as moderator of this board.  I want to publicly thank him for his contribution to this board.  It was he and I, with the help of Sasquatch, that salvaged all the old posts from triumph-tiger.com.  So he has been here from the beginning, and his contributions will be missed.

In Stretch's absence the torch of moderator will be passed to Mustang who is also a longtime contributor to the board, and his knowledge of steamer mechanics keeps all of us with the old carbed beasts on the road.

Please thank Stretch and welcome Mustang.

Geof

Nick Calne

I reckon if everyone that had been helped by Stretch was to send him a component from a tiger he'd have a full new bike! Albeit in bits...

So thanks Stretch.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Yukon

Stretch, Your input will be greatly missed.    Heal well and if you do not replace the bike, all advice on the "Bacon Thread" will be graciously accepted.

Mustang, Maybe we could send you our broken Girly pieces to practice wrenching on!

Best Wishes to both of you.

Jack

outrunner

I wish you all the best Stretch and hope you recover soon. Your Tiger technical knowledge has helped us all.

Mustang, I am sure you will be an admirable replacement, good luck.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

John Stenhouse

Welcome Mustang, your wit and experience has cheered up many a dull day in the Uk.

Stretch we'll miss you buddy, don't be a stranger keep a presence, even if it is just bacon!  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

atokad

Big shoes to fill Mustang, but we know you can do it.

Stretch, I hope you are on the road to recovery.  Sorry to hear you are leaving the Tiger ranks, but I understand. My wife works in a hospital and has been "quietly" wishing for me to quit riding for over 20 years.  Accidents change things. Best wishes for the road ahead whether it includes another bike or not.

There are days I too ask if it is time to sell the bikes and switch to rebuilding that 1974 Firebird Formula 400 that is sitting in storage in the middle of Iowa.
 :?

EvilBetty

I'm glad we didn't loose Stretch, but I'm sad to loose him from the boards.

Mustang, did you recently incur some additional free time to manage us unruly bastards? :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

oxnsox

Thanks Stretch for sharing your knowledge and experience... and taking the time to tie the loose ends together, there's learning in there for us all.

... and Mustang, thanks for starting the Bacon thread, I'm sure there's some learning in there too...
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aeronca

thanks stretch, you have talked some sense into me from time to time, and i'll miss all the great post's. as a mod, you were the best. i know you'll be on another tiger someday(hopefully a steamer), but untill then you take an easy, enjoy life, and hug that family of yours. your a good dude, and will be missed by all.  oh, and i'll get that patch off to you from the monroe fire department.

welcome to the mod's mustang,i know you'll do an awsome job.      eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

flux

Stretch, you'll be missed, as others have said.  My offer stands... if you ever need anything I am right around the corner.  Best of luck to you.

Mustang, you must be a glutton for punishment!   :D   Thanks for stepping up to organize us monkeys!

Bixxer Bob

Thanks Stretch, and stay safe......

Oh, and what are you going to do with your time when you're recovered if not messing with bikes?  Or is it just Tigers you're giving up?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Hey Stretch !! Thanks for all yer help and advice over the years and for keepin us lot from makin all kinds of mistakes :) i know you`ll be back ridin some day, just take yer time and get the body healed up 100%

1 thing still puzzles me ?????????????????

why do they call you S-t-r-e-t-c-h !!  :ImaPoser

all the best !!

KK

ps does Mustang know what he`s takin on ??   :lol:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

HappyMan

Stretch, you will be sorely missed.  It hurts to see a comrade down and even more so to miss your company on this board.  If you ever need anything in my neck of the woods please don't hesitate to ask of me and I hope that some day soon I will be back in Georgia and I can buy you lunch. (PM me if you don't have my contact info)

You don't need a motorcycle to be appreciated here as you can see by the above posts!  

Take good care of that family of yours, they are precious!!  I wish you all the best and will thank God tonight that you've lived another day to share with others.  You've touched many people in this community.  

Blessings to you and your family Stretch!!!!!!!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Stretch

Wow.  I don't know what to say.

After several editings... (I'm glad I could just type this, instead of saying it face-to-face.  I'm sure my voice would crack many times)

Thanks, Geof.  It has been a pleasure working with you.  I'm so very glad that you had the will and the ability to save Triumph-Tiger dot com when it was teetering on the brink.  Many of the rest of us wanted to save it, but didn't have a clue as to how.  Thanks for taking a gamble on me, and thanks for your patience as I asked question after question as to how to perform Moderationary duties.

To the members of TigerTriple... Thanks so much for coming back to the forum after its near-demise.  You cats have resurrected it to become the leading Tiger site in all the interweb.  I salute you all for that, and personally appreciate everybody who posted How-To articles and asked and answered questions.

To the friends I've made here and met... I'm still here.  My email and cell number are the same.  If you need somebody to carry the BBQ grille on a ride to the North Georgia Mountains, give me a shout.  My Jeep is built pretty well and can carry a good amount of gear.

To the friends here I haven't met... I appreciate and value your friendship.  I had a huge time visiting and carrying on with you guys.  It isn't all dry, technical stuff, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing around with you cats on the 'puter.

I know I'm going to miss riding dearly, and my beloved Tiger especially.  I spent so much time building farkles for it, and now most of them are twisted out of shape... unfit to pass on to others.  Even the FrankenJesses are toast, with the left one caved in around it's mounts.  The bike is sitting on my flatbed trailer in the backyard, sadly reposing under a tarp while the machinations of insurance settlements slowly grind along.

As I posted in the 'Stretch vs. Pickup Truck' thread...

If any of you cats are cruising around and come across a burgundy-colored Jeep Wrangler with a tall skinny dude waving like a madman... it's just me recognizing a Tiger... and recognizing it for what it is... the very best bike I've ever thrown a leg over in nearly thirty years of riding.

So wave back and pull over.  I'll turn around and visit with you.

I love you guys.  Ride safe.

coachgeo

Stretch..... while I understand the mental games we have to play with ourselves at times...  like... to step away.... you have to TOTALY step away..   I can get that..  but.... if thats not it..  hey.. nothing wrong with moderating even though you aint got a bike and dont want to ride anymore.  

due to the economy I had to sell my dream. A dream that brewed when I was in my tweens.. ugg that makes it hmmmm over  a 35yr dream . I was building over the last ten years; but had to give up, a Unimog,into an expedition camper.... had many tens of thousands of bucks, hours, plans etc. into it.... it was so freaking heartbreaking to watch it leave my place.   buttttt...  from those dreams  and building toward making it come true..... I was left with knowledge and my passon to spread to others so decided even though I was Mogless... a call of duty was stills there... thus just like before I kept moderating the same two Unimog technical boards I have for nearly 5 years.   Now Im living vicariously my dreams thru members and passing on what little is in my feebl brain to help them reach their dream unimog.

So since you got knowledge and experiences to share and here you could keep a Tiger nut properly grounded and further from harms way, you might consider sticking around.

just... something to consider.  butt.. like said earlier... can respect a need to step all the way out, if thats a tool you need to use to keep your sanity...  just keep it in mind... you can still share if your up to it.

Peace out. and DO YOUR THERAPY!!
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)