News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

passing the torch

Started by abruzzi, November 29, 2009, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

oh Stretch... a side note.  (names below not accurate... I SUCK with names)

Mike in TX- Injuries like yours.. also bike accident.. a gymnastic coach who can now no longer coach... sooooo.... he's diving further into owner of a gymnastic school and passing the coaching onto upcoming coaches.  He's happy as a clam. Just changed gears and heading in a new direction.

Jeff in TN... met him... hmmm. around 1985.. about ten years after he became a full quadriplegic from a gymnastic injury.  So what did he do... he owned a gymnastics school.  Drove a wheel chair by blowing and sucking on straws... vacuum pressure switches manipulated steering mechanisms to make it work.  Others did the spotting... he taught vocally kids proper technique.  His motto... "we run the safest gym in America"  he knew better than anyone.

Larry- met him last year.  Lost a leg in a Motorcycle accident. Lots of bone issues with the stump thats left.  But.... he still coaches... cause.. thats what he does.

soooooo if you want to hang up the helmet.... thats fine... we wont hold nothing agains tya.  You still one of us.  If you really think about it ... does not mean you got to stop typing. If you choose; you can pass on your wealth of knowledge like Jeff does. You can switch gears like Mike did and do your biking thing... thru another avenue...

just.... more to consider.

Again though.... full respect if you feel stepping totally  away is the tool ya need to keep your sanity. Just wanted you to see some options taken by others and know they can work. Food for thought you might say.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Sin_Tiger

Stretch you can't leave us to the evil Mustang  :twisted:  he'll have us putting carbs on Roadies if we listen to him  :lol:

Where did I put that box of tissues, I just get so emotional these days  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Stretch you can't leave us to the evil Mustang  :twisted:  he'll have us putting carbs on Roadies if we listen to him  :lol:

Where did I put that box of tissues, I just get so emotional these days  :roll:

*cue the evil clown music*

93TigerBill

Stretch,
Firstly, thankful that you 'walked' away from the incident;
Secondly, have enjoyed and benefited from your involvement over the years - many thanks for that.

Enjoy the rest of your life, and keep your family close.

Remember, your generosity is and will be appreciated by many Tiger riders around the world.

Regards,
Bill
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!

Stretch

Quote from: "93TigerBill"your generosity is and will be appreciated by many Tiger riders around the world.

That's all the legacy a Tiger geek could possibly ask for.  Thanks, brother.    8)

John Stenhouse

And if you want to come to England and ride there's always a Tiger for you here mate.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Steamer in Singapore too, around the world on 80 Tigers, now there's a DVD for you  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Stretch

Sin_Tiger

I forgot about the Roadie in Scotland  :oops:

Canada, Scotland, England, Singapore, just a few blanks to fill in and it's a Tiger Way Around  :lol:

aeronca

you aint gettin my steamer, but i'll put you on a honda :lol:   na, you can use the steamer 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Stretch, my Steamer is available and ready should you come out here to do some riding.
From parts unknown.

HockleyBoy

Stretch,

Glad you are healing and whilst I am sorry to hear you are giving up riding, I can understand your decision after an accident like that, it is after all a gamble every time you get on a bike.
Thanks for all the work you have done on the boards, it has built into a great bank of knowledge for us less mechanical riders which we will refer to for a long time to come.

Take care of yourself! (and if you ever do change your mind about riding, you know where we are  :D )
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

GWL

Girly here in Wales too Stretch (you might have to get it running first though!) :D

TheMule

Thanks for everything Stretch............your posts guided me thru my first year with the '01, without them I'd have been lost.

take care,

Todd
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

brad1098

Thanks for all the gee-whiz technical support Stretch.  Im still trying to figure out your CBR R/R deal.................anyway.  I havent ever understood how there can be a sinle Tiger rider out there that doesnt join this board just for the tech. stuff.  

I was proud to show off my Stretch (high) Fender Girly at Jasper.  Lorna was the only stretch fender girl there.

I understand the emotional wreckage that goes with an injury.  As you know I fell 17' this summer off my roof.  9 titanium screws and a plate in the heel, but it's more the "It could have been so much worse" scenarios that go through your head.  Time does help.  3-6 months down the road will probably be a good thing for you.  Them Jeeps have heaters anyway  8)
02 black-Lorna