News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Zealand

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 04, 2009, 09:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I spent today at the old Triumph works at Meriden, Coventry.  My mate is part of a 15-strong group going to New Zealand in Feb 2010, (sadly I'm not able to go...) so today they were crating their bikes and putting them in a container for shipping.  I trailed my mate's bike over there for him then hung around to watch the fun.  Here's one or two snaps:

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

nice cool old triumph iron , I like the old beezers too :D

zadok_oz

Awesome! They are going to love N.Z. :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

NeilD

are they going for a rally? I know the BSA lot often ship their their bikes out to wherever their International Rally is beinggn held (and the Vincent Club).. that would be great to do - much as I dislike sitting on an aeroplane for that length of time, I'd make an exception for a trip to New Zealand  8)
so which one is your mates bike?

aeronca

man, those are some nice old bikes. they are in for a fun time for sure 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "NeilD"are they going for a rally? I know the BSA lot often ship their their bikes out to wherever their International Rally is beinggn held (and the Vincent Club).. that would be great to do - much as I dislike sitting on an aeroplane for that length of time, I'd make an exception for a trip to New Zealand  8)
so which one is your mates bike?

He's got a T160 Trident, second pic; and you're right this is the BSA rally 2010.  The others are just filling up space in the container.  They plan to do the USA West Coast run in 4 yrs time so I'm hoping to get on that one.

I love the way these guys deflate anyone getting above themselves though.  One Trindent owner proudly stated that his tank was the original untouched factory paint.  Another quickly chimed in, "You mean Triumph puffy, pansy, pink"???    :oops:  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

nice, i do prefer the look of the T160 vs T150..  8)
theres a few pictures of Triples amongst the pics I took at the beezumph Rally this year..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22730494@N ... 921632871/

Sin_Tiger

I just can't believe that, some lucky sod is going to get to ride one of the few X-75's around Kiwi, what do you have to do to get a chance like that.

Maybe you shouldn't tell me  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

Had heard about the BSA Rally down here (mid Feb next year) and done nowt about it. But having seen those photos, I may have to hasten some spannering on the C11.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "oxnsox"I may have to hasten some spannering on the C11.

Good luck, rode a C15 in my yoof I never left home without at least a pack of Woodbine and two spare rocker caps in my pocket   :lol:

I have recently had oil soaked dreams of doing an updated X-75 maybe an X-675  :idea: it's just such a gorgeous design and looks so right on a coastal road I can picture it propped up by the side of a deserted beach somewhere in Bay of Islands  8)

Too many projects, only one life  :(
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

X-75 is beautiful isn't it - Would be an ace project Niall.  675 would make it a Street Triple, but with style.....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

oxnsox

I will look out for that x-75 as I ain't seen one of them afore. And though it may look good on a northern beach, I've just moved south so it would be nice thru the forests (or by the beaches) down here too.  :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bixxer Bob

As far as I can remember the container arrives late Feb and they fly in 5 March.  I'll do some digging and get back to you.  I'll also see what I can find out about the plans of the X75 owner - it might help you track him down.

John Stenhouse

Any idea what it cost Bob?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Any issues with "fumigation" like Australia?