News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Zealand

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 04, 2009, 09:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

german

Really pretty nice bikes,

This is mine.
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Any idea what it cost Bob?

If I remember rightly, it was about £700 return per bike, but i'll need to check.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

oxnsox

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Any issues with "fumigation" like Australia?
If Bikes have been well cleaned before they come in then alls well. Like OZ I guess they tend to check the less obvious spots like up inside the guards and around the swingarm pivot and shocks, where a quick clean doesn't always get to.

When I bought my bikes back from Spain I gave them a good clean and they went straight through.

For the BSA event the organisors had some advice about cleaning and carnets on their web site.

(For those who live in better connected countries. Isolated places like NZ and Austraila, don't necessarily have the same mix of agricultural pests and diseases found in some other parts of the globe. And since much of their economies are based on the Agricultual/Pastoral output they do a lot to protect the boarders from the introduction of these things.)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

I appreciate the necessity of these measures, NZ particularly is such a rare jewel it would be inconceivable to descimate her further than has been done historically.

Unfortunately the governmental jobsworths in certain countries have more regulations than common sense. Friend of mine recently repating to Oz sold his pretty expensive push bikes locally because he was informed that there would be pesticidal charge regardless of how well they were cleaned, even if they had a pest free certificate from a registered endocoliologist (or whatever bug scientists are called) the cost of which was more for one bike than the cost of both of them new  :shock:

That aside I am looking forward to seeing the trip reports from this   8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

redbirds

Wow, fabulous old British machines. Wish I was going.
Living vicariously through myself.

adrian jones

Amazing bikes being ridden in an amazing country.
PLEASE post more pics and info as the trip progresses.
Trying to reason with hurricane season.........

oxnsox

OK Folks its a fail on this for me.  The BSA convention was last week, in Christchurch, about 260 miles from me.  I managed to 'arrange' to be there for work on a few of those days and threw in another to track these guys down.   But alas for me they weren't all sitting somewhere with their bikes parked up for others to look at... so I missed them, so missed the pics. Damn.
And this week, they're all off Touring, in the opposite directio from where I'm at.  Double damn.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bixxer Bob

My mate's on this trip so hopefully I can put up some pics when he gets back (around 27th I think...)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...