News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ArcticTiger's rides.

Started by ArcticTiger, December 12, 2009, 11:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcticTiger

Here is my "new" 1998 British Racing Green Tiger.
I bought it this summer and it had only 14000 kms on it. Actually a virgin!
I have put an aditional 5000 kms of fun and joy on it so far.

Resting with a cup of coffee at home.

8)
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

zadok_oz

What a beauty. Nice one. :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Yukon

Good looking bike and it looks like you have some great places to ride also.   Welcome.

redbirds

Living vicariously through myself.

Sin_Tiger

Narvik  8)  Lovely example.

How do you manage to squeeze the ZZ top inside the Airoh, I have to keep mine short just to get some air flow  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ArcticTiger

:D Thanks for the welcome guys! :D

As to color, it definately has the right one, theres nothing like a Green Triumph!

Sin_: The ZZ comes in just fine in the nutshell, and keeps the airflow to a minimum.
Thats nice when you live and ride 300 kms north of the arctic circle, and an air temperature of 10C is  considered a nice summerday.
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "ArcticTiger"and keeps the airflow to a minimum. .

I have the opposite problem here  8) the green is very nice.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ArcticTiger

After a year with the -98 BRG Tiger, witch has been very nice and joyfull, something weird has happened.
On this forum I have read all the horror-stories about the Steamers, and seen all the horrible pictures of what can (will) happen in the future.... And all the work, money and skills required to bring it back to life again...
So far The Green one has only 21 000 trouble free kms on it, but I have started being afraid of using it any more.  
And in the back of my head there has developed an idea of getting me a newer bike for daily use.
Soo, a couple days ago I stumbeled over this one, a -09 with 2606 kms on it, for a price that made it impossible to refuse. I will be picking it up in about 3 weeks :D !
-00 Yamaha TT600R

daveb

Yukon

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

ArcticTiger

Thank you guys! I will be picking up the new Tiger next week, on my way down to the Scandinavian Tiger Club Fall Meet 2010.

And I am of course not that "afraid" of using the Green One, just joking!
We have had some nice trips this summer, even if the summer has been cold, wet and short this year. We had the fall seasons first new snow in the mountains a couple days ago.

Here is a pic from this years first ride on may 9. Air temperature was 2 degrees C, the last nights snow had just melted away from the pavement. Pic is taken in Ballangen, 25 kms south of where I live. Road is main road E6, heading south.
We made 354 nice, fresh kms that day! :D
-00 Yamaha TT600R

ArcticTiger

I am now back home again after 3 weeks and 3400 very nice kms with the -09 Tiger. And there is only one thing to say about it: What A Fantastic Bike :D !
Powerful (we dynoed it to 112 rear wheel hp/123 crankshaft hp), yet very smooth and controlable. You easily get a friend of this Tiger!

I bought the bike unseen, witch was a bit scary but the deal was very good. The Bike was as nice as it could be. As new. Included was Triumph sidebags, TomTom GPS, ABS brakes, Arrow power silencer.

The only "complaint" I had to give to the seller, was that he when selling the bike, had not informed me that  in addition to the above mentioned extras, it had heated grips, a Triumph magnetic base tankbag and a luggage rack/platform(not even mounted yet). That was the only surprise!
-00 Yamaha TT600R

walker

cool! you got extra stuff at that price!

I think I'd really like one of those, but need to wait until they get a little less expensive.... maybe when the new one comes out, people will want to sell theirs at a nice price :)

looks like a wonderful place to ride as well.

ArcticTiger

This years Tiger-season has started here in Northern Norway. After a long, awful, cold, snowy dark winter it was good to be back on Tiger-wheels again! It is still early spring here, but the weather was good last sunday, so I made a 650 km daytrip on the Green One :D
Here seen by the mountain "Stetinden" (Anvil of the Gods) witch is 1392 meters high. http://www.stetind.nu/
-00 Yamaha TT600R