News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2002 Speed Four

Started by EvilBetty, December 13, 2009, 08:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

The price of this bike got my attention.
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/1461514183.html

What do you Tiger riders know about these?
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Mustang

the listing is pulled so it either got flagged or the owner sold it already.

having known someone who had one , the throttle was real twitchy and the FI was a joke. they also get there ass handed to em by any 600cc jap bike !

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mustang"having known someone who had one , the throttle was real twitchy and the FI was a joke.

Very true, the FI was truely awful.

Quote from: "Mustang"they also get there ass handed to em by any 600cc jap bike

In a straight line yes,  but (at the time it was a new model) it would slot under anything else in it's class or not on any corner.  The chassis was superb, and a hint of things to come.  It's where the 675 Daytona story started.

I remember a cub racing friend of mine who worked at the local Triumph dealer when they took delivery of their first one taking it to a track day at Cadwell Park.  The 1 litre bikes (Blades, R1s etc) would eat him on the straights but he'd embarass them stupid in the corners.   He laughed till his jaw hurt... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

EvilBetty

Yeah damn it, it had been up for some time and it JUST expired.

It was a 2002 in Tangerine with 17000 miles for $2500.

I've never ridden any type of a sports bike, and that seemed like a viable bike to get my feet wet in the style.

I'd read that the early TT's had the FI problems but that they had been worked out before the engine was used for the Speed Four, Wikipedia I think.

If it's infact that bad, I'll wait for a good deal on a Speed Triple, or even a Street Tripple.

How cramped is the riding position on the Speed Four and Triple for a rider that bought the Tiger specifically because he felt it was the first bike he actually "fit" on :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bixxer Bob

Doh..... I was talking about a TT, not a speed four!!!

Too much Xmas spirit already :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Colonel Nikolai

I have a book here that talks about the problems with the TT600. Here's what it says:

"...the bulbous fairing was not to everyone's taste, looking dowdy against the sharp lines of the R6 and the ZX-6R ... the French-made Sagem fuel injection system was a source of much trouble, with uneven running and poor low-down power and hesitancy ... however the TT's chassis is excellent. The light, stiff frame is fitted with a high spec, fully adjustable Kayaba suspension, lightweight wheels and powerfull, progressive Nissin brakes ... excellent ground clearance ... track times shine when ridden on the circuit. By 2002, the fuel injection was finally sorted."

The same book cites the Speed Four as having "the highest spec chassis in its class" (which is the "naked middlewight" class). Everything from the TT600 was retained: brakes, suspension, chassis, except the fairing and the engine was tuned down for more torque at lower RPMs.

Sounds like a Duc Monster Eater, eh?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.