News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

East coast service ?

Started by jphish, December 24, 2009, 03:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

Happy Holidays all - I recently purchased an 06 Siberian tiger with 3K mi - added another 1K these past few weeks between snow/rain/cold. Im planning a 4 corners trip this spring, departing from Wa state, and roughly calculate I'd reach my 12K mark somewhere on the Eastern Seaboard. Knowing very little about Triumphs I'm assuming this is an important service (valves and all) and don't want to push it to trip end (another 6K mi beyond the 12K) So.. is there a reliable competent dealer out that way that you would recommend ? I usually do my own wrenching but don't want to try this in a hotel parking lot, also don't want have to schlep all the tools and stuff. It's obviously out of warranty - so a reliable, Tiger savy, non dealer mechanic ok too. PS - also, what is the standard 'extortion rate' for this service?  Thanks, j

Mustang

the 12k service is an important one but in my experience the valves generally don;t need any attention until around th 20 k milestone. Personally I would finish my trip and do the service myself when I got home .

The dealer /stealer price for this service varies greatly from $400-$800 on average.

A very good Northeast Dealer is Great Bay Motorcycles in New Hampshire , they only sell Triumphs and Ducatis........................
Oh wait , I'm in NH too . For a fellow Tiger Rider I would be happy to supply the garage and tools to check your bike over and you buy the beer .
can even give you a spot to rest your weary bones for the night and a home cooked meal or two.
PM me off list to discuss