News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigers equal to GS?

Started by MikeBenzon, December 24, 2009, 06:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iansoady

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"The 1050's clearly a quantum leap forward on the 955, the clue's in it being rated best all-round road bike in the UK motorcycle Press over and over again.

I think you forgot the irony emoticon......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

I've been trying to get a subscription for a few months, they just refuse to accept their overseas subscription web process just does not work.

Better get the wife to buy me a copy, don't know why since I already own one  :roll: just wish I could get more time to ride it.  :(  still glad to hear it came out well.

The worry I see is that because the Sprint ST has been the acknowledged best in class (new VFR doesn't look like changing that), the 675 Daytona is up there with the leading track tools, the Street just hasn't been equaled yet and the 1050 we all know is the equal of all the big trailies (roadies) and better in quite a few areas, when the mags repeatedly state this they get accused of being Brit biased in the letter columns  :?

I am dying to see what triumph come up with next, must be due a revamped lineup soon  :new_popcornsmiley
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Colonel Nikolai

Having just gotten back from putting 300 miles or so on a 2009 Tiger, I love the bike except they seem to have skimped on the front suspension.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Sin_Tiger

:? Could do better but how much more would you pay? It is pretty adjustable, how many other bikes can say that?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I rode a roadie for a few days last year, not sure the suspension's too bad.  Possibly the head angle is a bit steep and supermotoey - it make the front feel slightly flighty....and fun!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Colonel Nikolai

Meh... I thought when having the bike heaved over in a hard turn on a bumpy surface, the tubes seemed to seize in the stanchions a little too much. There will be some, to be sure, but I was expecting more. And yeah, having that kind of front end is costly, I know. Since I'm riding 14 year old machines that do this, I guess a brand new machine I'm expecting it not to. Perhaps unfair.

Mustang

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"Meh... I thought when having the bike heaved over in a hard turn on a bumpy surface, the tubes seemed to seize in the stanchions a little too much. There will be some, to be sure, but I was expecting more. And yeah, having that kind of front end is costly, I know. Since I'm riding 14 year old machines that do this, I guess a brand new machine I'm expecting it not to. Perhaps unfair.

rental bike ? not set up properly would be my guess

Nick Calne

Col Nick, maybe we need more testing time.  Triumph should lend us a roadie each for the summer for us to really investigate!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Colonel Nikolai

Mustang, you're right. It was a rental machine. And I did find it a little more beaten than I expected. Left the rental outfit with a shorted left front signal too: probably the most important signal on the bike. Not up to their usual quality, IMHO.

JetdocX

Quote from: "nickcalne"Col Nick, maybe we need more testing time.  Triumph should lend us a roadie each for the summer for us to really investigate!

You, sir are brilliant! :D
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"Col Nick, maybe we need more testing time.  Triumph should lend us a roadie each for the summer for us to really investigate!

Come up when I'm next home and we can swap rides for a bit  8) JD come over and experience a country full of bends  :wink: yup we're all a bit bent in the UK before you say it  :P

Advwannabe

mmmmmm, B roads.

I'm with an earlier poster's comments about the ridiculous seat on the roadie.

Apart from that though, brillient! If my fortunes changed and I couldn't hang on to both the Girly and Daytona I would probably replace them both with a roadie

I just hope those rumours and blurry photos of a more gravel road Tigger are founded, otherwise it might have to be a defection over to Yamaha's new Superten
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180