News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

06 Tiger Haynes manual ?

Started by jphish, December 28, 2009, 03:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

The Haynes manual seems to skip the 06 model year. I would imagine the 05/06 models sufficiently alike that an 05 should do fine. (I think the head was the only real difference between the 2?) Is this an erronious assumption in my Tiger challenged knowledge portfolio? Thanks, j

EvilBetty

And...

1050 Crankcases
upgraded transmission internals and backlash gear
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

iansoady

I would only ever use the Haynes manual as a general guide. Remember that they write the book by takeing one instance of the bike and stripping it down - therefore unless you have exactly the same model there will be differences. Add to this the notorious typos and errors and the probability for catastrophe is high.....

I much prefer the manufacturer's book even though it is expensive. But only about the same as an hour of dealer time.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Mustang

Quote from: "iansoady"I would only ever use the Haynes manual as a general guide.
I much prefer the manufacturer's book even though it is expensive. But only about the same as an hour of dealer time.

:iagree  :thumbsup

jphish

OK - $89 it is. I like photos with arrows and exploded pics & stuff (visual learner I guess) - The factory edition seems to tend more toward drawings. I will color them with my granddaughters crayons and see if I can make sense out of it. Thanks all - Happy new year to ya.  j

KuzzinKenny

This site has a great PARTS DIAGRAM section..............

http://www.bikebandit.com/2006-triumph- ... r/o/m17662

its worth a looky !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

redbirds

I have the factory service manual and the Haynes for my '07 Roadie and find having both an advantage  for me.
Living vicariously through myself.

jphish

Thanks for the Bike Bandit tip Kuzzin. Redbird - I think I'm going to do the same. Picked up the Factory manual @ Tacoma Triumph today - will order the Haynes too. Can't have too much info on these infernal machines. j