News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Options for wider handlebars

Started by tazshido, January 16, 2010, 01:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

OK, I'm atypical. Most riders want to lower their Girlies and bring the bars down and closer. I'm the opposit, at 6'5" and a 38" inseam (and almost as long in the arms) I could ride an 06 Tiger two inches taller and the bars seem a little small to me. I've searched the web and can't seem to locate a set of handlebars that have a similar bend but are wider. I was thinking of even taking my bars to a proffessional welder and having them cut in the center and an extension welded in. It looks like I could feasably add about 3" to the center of the bar (with a sleeve for strength). That would give me a bar that was 34" wide, a much better fit for the (ho ho ho) green giant.
   So, i'f I'm contemplating something suicidally dangerous, let me know. I don't do any dedicated off-roading but do ride a lot of dirt roads and fire breaks.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Mustang

Renthal Fatbar Handlebars High ATV Bend

these are about the right bend for the tiger and are approx 33 inches wide .
they are 1 1/8 inch bars though so not sure about clamps and controls

but seriously look for at ATV handlebars as they match the stock tiger bend pretty close, usually they are the only ones that even come close .

Pro Taper SE Handlebars (ATV)

these are 7/8ths bars and can be had for under 60 bucks and should be plug and play

HappyMan

Mustang,  is this info on the handlebars worthy of being placed in the Tiger Parts Cross-Reference Guide?
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com