News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK roadside recovery/insurance...

Started by BP_LONDON, August 09, 2004, 12:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Anyone have tips on who to contact in order to arrange a roadside recovery policy. I need some cover for my trip back to London from Edinburg, and for touring in the UK in general. I know the AA and RAC do cars, but are they any good with bikes?

Chris Canning

I've been with the RAC for 25 years now,only ever had to use them once,couldn't believe how good they were,had a stone go through an oil cooler!!,they sent a guy in a van to check if it could be fixed(N0) and half an hour latter a guy turned up with a 4 wheel trailer to take us home.

Chris

ChrisN

Triumph provide 12 months RAC cover with new bikes and so I presume they are suitably equipped. Hope I never need to find out!! but carrying the card currently gives me reassurance when touring.
Chris

roller

I recently insured my bike with Carole Nash and they provide breakdown insurance as part of the deal (including Europe). The premium was competitive as well.

Mike

I been with the RAC several years now and with my old BMW I've tested them several times. Generally very good.

They'll send one of their own vans first to check if it's a repair as Chris Canning describes. If not, they'll use "stand by" contractors to carry you home.

How quick all this happens depends on how busy the roads are. So expect to wait longer on a bank holiday etc..