News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone going to the MCN show at the Excel Saturday?

Started by Bixxer Bob, February 05, 2010, 08:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

I wish.  I've got to go and look at the wife's mate's house extension.  Wooo Hoooo.  :?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

You mean just like the one she wants that she's about to spring on you....

:roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Oh no!  I hadn't even thought of that.  I have fallen into the elephant trap, haven't I?

I think I'm going to cry.  :cry:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Why else would she drag you round there?  You'll only get in the way of their Girly chat otherwise...   Do I sound like I'm long-married and cynical???

Rode down to the Excel this morning, tippy-toed out of the village due to the frost ('kin weather forecasters said it would be 5deg C and damp) picked the pace up once I got onto the A1M / A14 / M11 but by now it was foggy and b****y cold, thank the Big Guy for heated grips.  Fog cleared a bit on the North Circular but the show was a waste of £18, the food was crap and an even bigger rip-off than usual.

Setting off for home, the sun came out for half the journey and the temp picked up so a bit better although more cold and fog later....  

Still better than going with the Significant Other on the Tesco run though..  :lol:

Timbox2

Looks like I did the right thing then riding round the Beacons this morning.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Not wrong.

I'm going to limit myself to 3 shows per yr in future:  

The spalding show in January, which is a bit rubbish - all bald heads and beards - but it's well supported by the local clubs so I don't mind supporting them too.

The Classic bike show at Stafford Showground because it's nice to hark back...

The NEC because you can sit on bikes, see all the new ones and grab a bargain amongst the kit stalls.

Excel was much smaller than the NEC and had nothing different to see...

Timbox2

Ahh, Stafford, yep Ive been 2 years running now, like that one, I'll probably do the Bath and Bristol one too in a couple of weeks, its fairly close for me.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Why else would she drag you round there?  You'll only get in the way of their Girly chat otherwise...   Do I sound like I'm long-married and cynical???

Rode down to the Excel this morning, tippy-toed out of the village due to the frost ('kin weather forecasters said it would be 5deg C and damp) picked the pace up once I got onto the A1M / A14 / M11 but by now it was foggy and b****y cold, thank the Big Guy for heated grips.  Fog cleared a bit on the North Circular but the show was a waste of £18, the food was crap and an even bigger rip-off than usual.

Setting off for home, the sun came out for half the journey and the temp picked up so a bit better although more cold and fog later....  

Still better than going with the Significant Other on the Tesco run though..  :lol:

No pleasing some folk is there!!,most of manafacturers there,even Honda with their VFR,some great racing bikes from the home brewed Metisse that runs well at the Le-Mans 24 hour,to Randy Mamola's Cagiva,even an electric TTX,most of the stands were selling quality gear,and most important you don't have to walk a million miles,i'll take the same old of Excel up against loads of the same old of the NEC and i only live 15 minutes away :wink:

The two Stafford shows!! did i say shows ?(car boot) are great i work at both of them,but if your under 50 you'll left wondering what it's all about,and if you want to go to a crap show?? try the G-Mex,as luck would have it got cancelled this year.

Telford classic offroad show next week end :wink:

Bixxer Bob

Honda had the new VFR?  Not according to their bike list

http://www.mcnmotorcycleshow.com/manufa ... honda.html

And if it was there it was well hidden.  I didn't see anything there that I hadn't already seen at the NEC, except Louise Pryce had a stand -but then she didn't turn up.

Each to there own though...

Bixxer Bob

Honda had the new VFR?  Not according to their bike list:

http://www.mcnmotorcycleshow.com/manufa ... honda.html

And if it was there it was well hidden; the official unveiling is 13 Feb as advertised in the current bike magazines.  I didn't see anything there that I hadn't already seen at the NEC, except Louise Pryce had a stand - but then she didn't turn up.

Each to there own though, otherwise we'd all be riding a 1200GS....

Chris Canning

Really TTX,Mamola's Cagiva,RG 500,Sheene's Akai Yamaha,the French Metisse which is worth an hour just trying to work out how the hell they built it,but hey ho,folk spend 50 quid on a helmet and will tell it was a great show. :roll:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Chris Canning"....folk spend 50 quid on a helmet and will tell it was a great show. :roll:

:lol: Exactly!!!