News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Muc Off - Beware

Started by Badger, August 09, 2004, 02:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

Hi guys

I thought I would give the P & J a good clean over the weekend and used Muc Off and a soft paintbrush to clean the engine. I just squirted it of and agitated with a soft 1/2" paintbrush then rinsed immediately. After leathering it off the engine looked really dull and patchy.  :shock:  Oh sh1t methinks. It now looks a bit beter after using WD40 over the engine cases and giving them a bit of a polish. Just be careful when using Muc Off.
Growing Old Disgracefully

Flying Tiger

Thanks for the "Muc Off" tip on engine cleaning.  

Does anybody know if it's safe to use the new "Orange Citrus" type cleaners on the engine?  I've used it for the hubs, spokes and chain side swing arm with no ill effects.  

I was also told to be particular on what to use on the Anodized aluminum swing arm so the anodization doesn't rub off.

I don't think it's the "Muck Off".

I've always used "Auto Glym Motorcycle Cleaner", which is supposed to be harmless in every way but my engine casings have turned matt. I have to shine them up useing Motorex 645.

Has anyone got engine casings that are still shiney after 10000 miles? What's the secret? Or are we looking at ; "They all do that sir".

TigerTim

Quote from: "Blacktiger"............ "They all do that sir".

Noooooooooooooo, that's why I sold my GS1150, all I ever got was the the old "they all.........."

BTW my engine casings are still shiny black, but then thats probably because its only 3 weeks old with 1500 miles on the clock  :roll:

Regards

Tim
I\'m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

Badger

Quote from: "Blacktiger"...I have to shine them up useing Motorex 645...

Is Motorex 645 anything like WD40. :?

Anyway if the cases were just a bit mat it wouldn't have been so bad. They looked really patchy and water marked.

Bob
Growing Old Disgracefully

Quote from: "Badger"
Quote from: "Blacktiger"...I have to shine them up useing Motorex 645...

Is Motorex 645 anything like WD40. :?

Bob

Similar I suppose. Like a lot of products on the market these days, it claims to repel water and protect from corrosion. Seems to work on the corrosion part.

I only started to use "645" because it is recommended by Triumph somewhere in their manual.