News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

US Insurance

Started by daddystarr, August 10, 2004, 05:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddystarr

Who is your insurance company and how mush does it cost you? I am shopping for insurance.
http://elegantcode.com

01 Tigger

77 XT500

94 GSPD (Sold)

ATDRS

echoyankee

I'm with progressive and am paying about 700/yr for the Bare legal minimums with an imperfect driving record.  

Best,

echoyankee

newmanr19

Quote from: "daddystarr"Who is your insurance company and how mush does it cost you? I am shopping for insurance.

I just signed my '02 Tiger up with Dairyland for $376 per year; full comp and collision etc. That price includes a multi-bike discount and a discount for belonging to the AMA. I think he quoted $426 without the multi-bike discount.

They also offer a 10% discount for participating in a rider safety course and a 5% discount if you have an alarm. So with all the discounts, it would bring the annual premium down to around $319 - hard to beat that with a stick.

good luck

Renman

I just got a quote for Progressive on an '05 Tiger that I will be picking up next week.  The cost is $316 per year with 100/300 coverage and the other typical insurance bits.

I seem to get very good quotes from Answer Financial (I recommend calling them at 1-800-233-3028).  In fact, I get better prices that way than going straight to Progressive.  Go figure.

Mark

newmanr19

Quote from: "Renman"I just got a quote for Progressive on an '05 Tiger that I will be picking up next week.  The cost is $316 per year with 100/300 coverage and the other typical insurance bits.

I seem to get very good quotes from Answer Financial (I recommend calling them at 1-800-233-3028).  In fact, I get better prices that way than going straight to Progressive.  Go figure.

Mark

now that's a nice price  :!:

daddystarr

Progressive definately wins the bidding wars. I only worry about them for payout. Have never heard an experience good or bad.
http://elegantcode.com

01 Tigger

77 XT500

94 GSPD (Sold)

ATDRS

Mr. Renman. Was the quote that you recieved for 12 months of riding or do you poor winter folk get a break for the down time?

WildeKurt

I just insured my new '04 Tiger with Progressive for $225. Multi-bike discount,  full year, no layover.  I always enjoy a brisk ride in January.

I was rear ended a few years ago.  When I called the other persons insurance company, I could not get through (wrong number) so I called my company (Progressive).  The adjuster was there (my house) the same day and had it all written up.  Fortunately I was able to finally work through the other guys company..  But it was nice to know Progressive was so prompt.

Kurt

Renman

Damn, Kurt!  And I thought I had a good price.

As is the case with your policy, mine is for the full 12 months of the year.  A policy I had with Progressive a couple of years ago included a 3-month lay-away, but was told that they no longer offer that option.  All the better.  I just wonder what kind of looks I would get riding in the snow when it is below freezing around here?

Texrider

I guess it must be where I live - Houston, Texas. Dairyland was cheaper by several hundred dollars over Progressive, I have slightly upgraded coverage, and I pay about $700 a year for my '04 Tiger. I'm old with a good driving record. Maybe I should do some more shopping. Texas is kind of weird for insurance. When I moved to Texas from Illinois 20 years ago, my car insurance tripled. Same car, same driver, same driving record, same insurance company. I had to change companies.
Texrider

\'04 Tiger

WildeKurt

Renman,

When I used to commute I'd get some funny looks when it was snowing.  No matter what the weather tho, there was always a guy on a bright yellow Goldwing going the opposite way on 294 every morning, so I know I'm not crazy!

Oddly on the worst winter day up here I'd see more bikes on the road commuting than the nicest  day in Houston.  I felt very lonely on the Houston freeway during rush hour amongst all those SUV's, minivans and pickup trucks.  :-(

Sometimes I think the insurance companies use some sort of random number generator to come up with premium quotes..

Kurt

twotaildog

I just got a 2001 Tiger. Progressive quoted $600 / year, Dairyland gave me the same coverage for $343 / year. That's with $250 deductable, I could have saved ~ $10 if I went with $500 deductable.

AK Tiger

Unfortunately I  met a caribou with a death wish 3 weeks ago near Fort Nelson, BC.  The collision killed the caribou, totaled my Tiger and didn't do me any good either.  I have Progressive.  They totalled TIGGR and gave me what I considered a very fair settlement.  

I can't believe I'm saying something nice about an insurance company but hey, they were jonnie-on-the-spot and fair.  After I'm done licking my wounds and get another bike (the 2005 Tiger is looking pretty good!), I'll be going with Progressive again.

Darrell
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)