News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Winter weekend ride

Started by Rocinante, February 22, 2010, 02:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I,ll check the extreme lengths when I get home tonight.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

OK the straps are pretty short, 90mm between the pin centre and the goggle frame edge, at maximum with the elastic unstretched. Fully tight adjustment shortens the strap down to 40mm of exposed elastic.

The elastic web itself is 40mm wide, so it should be fairly easy to to put longer elastic sourced from a fabric shop, the ends are just stitched in loops, nothing special.

Sorry I can't upload a picture.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

Quote from: Bixxer BobI pride myself on riding all year round, or at least I did...  now I just feel inadequate..  :oops:

i hear you. i ride all year as well , but cant compare to that.  great report bro. that looked awsome.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Rocinante

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"OK the straps are pretty short, 90mm between the pin centre and the goggle frame edge, at maximum with the elastic unstretched. Fully tight adjustment shortens the strap down to 40mm of exposed elastic.

The elastic web itself is 40mm wide, so it should be fairly easy to to put longer elastic sourced from a fabric shop, the ends are just stitched in loops, nothing special.

Sorry I can't upload a picture.

Thanks. I see now that I can actually fasten the mounts to the chin section, which means I can use them unaltered.  I'll find a source in Norway for them.

Quote from: "aeronca"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I pride myself on riding all year round, or at least I did...  now I just feel inadequate..  :oops:

i hear you. i ride all year as well , but cant compare to that.  great report bro. that looked awsome.

Thanks Aeronca. It was. I'm a million miles from a Dakar dude, and I hate hate hate falling off the bike (which I haven't done in three winters, believe it or not).
I guess I'm trying to say riding on snow ain't that hard.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

harre

Wonderful winter trip. Thanks for sharing. Normally I would not even consider doing that, but now you've got me thinking that maybe someday...

aeronca

hey dag, kind of off subject a little, but how long has your kids been skiing?. both my 11 and 5 year old are wanting to learn. i thought cross country would be a good way to go. looks fun.         eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Rocinante

Quote from: "harre"Wonderful winter trip. Thanks for sharing. Normally I would not even consider doing that, but now you've got me thinking that maybe someday...

Great, way to go.

I'll put down a bit more about my experiences in winter riding, the dreary and the great. Just need to get around to it.

Quote from: "aeronca"hey dag, kind of off subject a little, but how long has your kids been skiing?. both my 11 and 5 year old are wanting to learn. i thought cross country would be a good way to go. looks fun.         eric

From when he was 2,5, I think. But that first winter he didn't control it much at all. Next winter was better and last year was an incredible improvement. This year, without any pushing from us he started with skating technic with a friend.

An old man who saw him doing that stopped and talked for 15 minutes about it. He was just as amazed as I was.

My son's seems to be a bit over average in technic but lack a little on patience, something I recognize in myself and try desperately to be patient about, which is difficult cause I'm the impatient type. Hmmm!?!

My advice is; get them out there as early as possible and never forget to let them have fun. There's a bunch of kids in Norway with traumatic memories of especially fathers forcing them through long dreary days of skiing. Desperate smiles on parents faces trying to keep the facade, while their kids lie face down in everyone's path.
Which happened on the trip the photo is from, actually...:)

But if you lower expectations and let them have their fun, chocolate, brakes, resting on the sledge if you pull one, trophies etc, it can be great fun. In a few weeks we're going 15 km into the hills to an unmanned cabin for overnighting, two families with three kids on skies(who will probably rest on the sledges we pull from time to time), the youngest 3,5 years old, going up on Saturday and down on Sunday. We plan to use the daylight, if you know what I mean.

Dag
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

aeronca

right on man, good advice. i started alpine skiing when i was around 10, and your right - it's all about the fun. have a great time skiing with the family. and post a pic or two of the cabin 8) .     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!