News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The official Free Beer/Food/Tech Assistance Thread

Started by abruzzi, February 24, 2010, 10:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

It might be nice to post a sticky of tigertriple.com members that want to extend a helping hand (or mug) to other member traveling outside of their Comfort Zone.  Please post your offer, and I'll try to keep this post up to date.  Please post:

First name (real name)
Country
City, State (or what ever is the equivalent in your country)
Preferred method(s) of communication (PM, phone, email, yodel)
Assistance available (food, beer, place to pitch a tent, mechanic, etc.)

Please, if you say email or phone, also include your email/phone.

------------------------------------

USA

Northeast

Mustang [/i](Ken) Franklin ,New Hampshire
PM for phone #
email : <!-- e -->sickmeyer@hotmail.com<!-- e -->

Steeleville, IL 62288. just across the Mississippi river from Missouri. 60 miles SE of St.Louis.

Couch, Spare bed, Tent space, full shop, recovery truck/trailer, free dinner and beer.  Tour guide of about anywhere within 150 miles.  A great stop over spot while traveling cross country  <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: -->

cbxtc6Mike
USA
LaSalle, IL  Near Intersection I80/I39
email me:  mhahne (at) aps.anl.gov
Beer, Big garage w/tools, pickup truck, couch, tent space, some Triumph parts, etc.

tiger04 Henry
Southwestern Illinois (near St.Louis,Mo.) Some tools roadside assistance (truck and access to trailer) place to sleep and food. Near the best Triumph Dealer in the US.(RPM Motorwerks )
PM me for cell

GAZOO Brett
West Des Moines, IA
Garage, some tools, spare room or couch, food, and beer.
Soon to have a trailer Smile

I'm about a mile from the intersection of I-35 and I-80. If you're traveling through and need a place to stop or want to grab lunch, LMK!

The Rocky Mtn Area

tazshido Cheyenne Wyoming
pm for contact info
As for anyone on this Forum, feel free to contact me if you live in the area or will be travelling through. At the very least I have a comfy couch that would be free and will provide some food and a beer or four.

Northwest

blume
Tim
USA
Oregon
Eugene
5419120184 mobile
timblume9380 at gee mail
shop, tools, trailer and Land Cruiser, couch, couple rooms and a back yard, beer, bbq. Also, wednesday's wing night at the local pub with the guys from ADVrider

JoMama Joe
Anchorage, AK
PM for contact info.
Truck & Trailer, garage and basic tools, room for a tent...

jnutiger
Kevin
Juneau, AK
PM or email <!-- e -->ianr5@sbcglobal.net<!-- e --> or PM me here but email is faster.
Food, bed, garage, tools, assistance. I can come and get you with my Tundra almost anywhere in Northern CA if I have the time. I'm not far from the local Triumph dealer if you need parts, and it's Cal Moto/Tri Valley so they have a fairly good stock of parts.

Mike
Burney CA

530-339-2140
pickup with trailer
tools
bedrooms
tent area
food and drink

Southwest

abruzzi
Mesilla, NM
contact via PM for phone number

Canada

Kelpie_67
Bruce peninsula in Ontario Canada.
I have camping, floor/ space for those who need it and a trailer too if that's what you fancy.
I run my own restaurant so I'm fairly busy but call me and I'll do what I can.
rescue by  truck and low ramped trailer big enough for any bike.
I might not get to you instantly but if I can I'll get there.
Tech help and tools possible too.
pm me here if you're stuck.
Trailer nice but not fantastic so if you fancy coming up to the bruce pm me and you can use it in exchange for some good company!

Tett Owen Sound, Ontario.  Gateway to the beautiful Bruce Penninsula.  Some incredible riding up here.

Come visit us in beautiful Ontario.  Kelpie_67 and I live close together so there are a couple of us tiger owners to come and hang out with on the Bruce. 

Have tools and a shed for repairs, place to camp or you could crash in the guest room if free. 

PM me

Rainycoastguy
: Dave... Central East Coast Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada 250-334-3298.

Bed or tent space, country quiet, ear-bending, tools and shop, (we can fix it!) Girlfriend's a Veggie but no one is perfect.

Fishnbiker / Ken Minnion
Western Canada, Campbell River, Vancouver Island
txt 1 250 203-1154 or tel 1 250 923-0065
Tent space, bed, tools, garage, pick up within 100 miles, guiding local backroads, good beer, good sea food, good stories.

JTT (Joe Treen)
Canada
Halifax, Nova Scotia
treenATeastlink.ca
Food, beer, tent space, garage facilities, including lift.

The Rest of the world

UK

Bixxer Bob John
UK
I now live between Swaffham and Watton in Norfolk.
Contact in advance via PM and I'll send you my mobile no.

In addition, we are ideally situated for exploring Norfolk and have ample grass for free camping with secure parking. We also have the best set of bends you'll find anywhere just 3 miles away.
Can also assist with breakdowns including trailer if needed.

Sin_Tiger = Niall
City: Maybole
Local: South Ayrshire
Lat: 55.338586,Lon: -4.673477
Address & phone number via pm
<!-- s:new_all_coholic -->:new_all_coholic<!-- s:new_all_coholic -->         Drink
<!-- s:new_popcornsmiley -->:new_popcornsmiley<!-- s:new_popcornsmiley -->   Food
<!-- s:sleepy1 -->:sleepy1<!-- s:sleepy1 -->                    Bunk
<!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->                             Tools
<!-- s:Topes -->:Topes<!-- s:Topes -->                       Ear ache

Name: John Stenhouse
Location: Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire,Cotswolds, UK, GL54 1DQ

Coffee, floor space or tent pitch space, tools available, I'll help with what I can. No trailer but can bring out fuel or fuse etc.

PM me for mobile number

nickcaine NIck
Calne, Wiltshire.
Yup, count on me for a hand if in difficulty or a chat /if beer you're passing.
Send me a pm

Timbox2 Tim
UK
South Wales(Nr Brecon Beacons)
PM Me for phone etc.
Bed, Mech Assistance, Food, I dont drink(Friend of Bill and Bobs) but I can point you to an offy or pub.

akendall1966 Adrian Kendall
UK
Somersham Cambridgeshire
PM prefered
Garage / tools / vitals / single bike trailer

Only a few miles east of BixerBob - there is camping availiable near by to me, can rustle up hot meal, workshop with tools padock stands etc enough to cope with most problems.

UK

Chris Canning
Junction 7 M6(that close you can walk)

I moved bikes for a living,hence my LWB sprinter but I've found easier ways to earn a crust rather than have MCN on the phone!!,but still do it if I have to  <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Garage/tools,near to a bike tyre store,and If I can't fix it I know two boys that can,if you think your going to pass by PM I'll send a Mobile no.

Essex , UK

Chad.

Tea coffee biccies    <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
Beer  <!-- s:friday -->:friday<!-- s:friday -->
Garage <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
Tools    <!-- s:violent1 -->:violent1<!-- s:violent1 -->
Welder   <!-- s:XXsunsmile -->:XXsunsmile<!-- s:XXsunsmile -->
PM to contact

Europe

Norway

ArcticTiger  Gaute
On main road E6, 25 kms south of city Narvik in Northern Norway

Contact on PM or cellph 47-91515557

Tent space, coffee, beer, tools, garage, lots of BS (raise black Angus cattle), will try to help out if you are having trouble of any kind (not mentaly)

Rocinante Dag
Porsgrunn, Southern Norway
Pos 59.15439º N, 9.65725º E
PM for contact number
Garage, bed, travel advice for Norwegian offroading, beer

SWEDEN

PompeyLad
Örebro in Sweden

Steve
PM for mobile number

Will help out in whatever way I can.
Tools and a space to use them.
Got a Full size Chevy Pick up and a trailer.
Loads of tent space and a hot shower.
Lots of tots of both whiskey and whisky.
<!-- s:occasion14 -->:occasion14<!-- s:occasion14 -->

West Turkey (Kusadasi/Ephesus area)

Basri
See my town;
<!-- m --> <!-- m -->

<!-- e -->hasanbasriulu@yahoo.com<!-- e -->
+ 90 541 261 4892

Anybody rides to this part of the world, will have a bed, food and raki (national drink) here...
And of course can use my tools..

THE LAND DOWN UNDER  Austrailia

Tomas03 (my friends call me Toemass)
Daniel is my real name
Windsor just outside Sydney 'stralia
PM for details.
I have:
beds <!-- s:sleepy1 -->:sleepy1<!-- s:sleepy1 --> 
beer/wine  <!-- s:new_all_coholic -->:new_all_coholic<!-- s:new_all_coholic --> 
<!-- s:Topes -->:Topes<!-- s:Topes --> if needed 
i:XXcomputer  if needed
beer/wine  <!-- s:occasion14 -->:occasion14<!-- s:occasion14 --> 
tools <!-- s:violent1 -->:violent1<!-- s:violent1 --> 
beer/wine <!-- s:new_all_coholic -->:new_all_coholic<!-- s:new_all_coholic -->
stories  <!-- s:icon_study -->:icon_study<!-- s:icon_study -->
I live about 20 mins from the best riding roads around Sydney, be it dirt or tar.

New Zealand

OxnSox

I'll say I'm in NZ but since I've moved 3 times in as many years (3 different parts of the country), you'd have to PM ahead and see where I am.

Mustang

*****If your post disappears from this sticky .it means you have been added to the LIST****************

motoOzarks

I looks as if the Midwest is covered pretty good but I'm pretty close to some good stuff and would like to extend my hospitality to those traveling this way.

Brad T.
Nixa MO 65714
pm me here or on advrider or email hardworker298@gmail and I will give phone number when your headed this way.
Single here with tent space, couch crashing, shower, lots of tools, trailer for recovery, etc.  What ever helps within reason. 

I'm 1-3 hours from Arkansas best.
I'm 10 minutes from curves headed south.
45 minutes from Branson or Table Rock Lake.
an hour or so from Bull Shoals ferry.
about 30 minutes from Chadwick motorcycle park and Glade Top Trail

All the best.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Mustang

The list got corrupted when we changed the forum from the old style to the new (current) one .

So it needs fixing and there are quite a few missing bits at the beginning .
So if you used to be on the list and are not there anymore .............if you want to be back on the list , PLEASE RESUBMIT YOUR INFO .
and some day I'll fix the list

Spud

John (spud)
sports.injury@virgin.net

Bed space usually, tent space always, garage with tools and a limited knowledge of how to use them
Stourbridge West Midlands
Pm for further details

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Scotland info still the same.

Singapore info now redundant can be deleted.

Cheers
Niall
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Nick aka nickjtc

NEW EMAIL ADDY:

Canada

Vernon (Okanagan valley)

British Columbia (Southern Interior to be precise)

Communicate: nick.jordan55@shaw.com or cell 250-540-2955

Assistance available: (food, beer, etc.) All of the above.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint