News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Picking up the 02 955i on sunday...anything to look out for?

Started by BP_LONDON, August 12, 2004, 01:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

I'm excited of course!

Could I have a couple of tips to look out for things specifically on the tiger? I know what to look for in general - i.e. frame, steering, wheels etc....but just wondering of there are things I should watch out for that are notorious on the Tiger...rusted bolts, sprocket conditions etc...

The bike is described as perfect condition with 5500 miles on the clock which is just barely run in for this machine.

:shock:  :o  :D

Flying Tiger

Congratulations!  That's great, because it all broken in for you! (hopefully done correctly) [-o<   And with all the $$$ you save from buying used, you can trick that puppy out the way you want it. :D/

The only conflict that I ran into was the battery gradually dying down, that is, the battery not taking and holding a charge from the alternator.   leaving me in a stranded situation.    :oops:   I was able to ride back on my wife's cycle and return with the car to jump start it.  Since then I've gotten a Battery Tender and all is seemingly well.  I my thinking, I shouldn't need a battery Tender except over the storage months.  But perhaps the battery tender will condition the battery to not be  'weak'.  Exercising it, so to speak.

The (non-Triumph) dealer I bought mine from also may have not been familiar with the particlulars of the Tiger and adjusted the chain on the tight side.  (see Chain Tension Setting thread)

All these things that I mentioned are easily fixed, so enjoy it!

Brock

At that mileage (5,500) it'll be in need of a service soon. See if you can get it thrown in with the deal. Corrosion on the fittings and engine bolts will show whether it's been through a winter and been neglected.

Apart from that, pay up, jump on, and find a GS to hunt!

Good luck mate...
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Brock"At that mileage (5,500) it'll be in need of a service soon. See if you can get it thrown in with the deal. Corrosion on the fittings and engine bolts will show whether it's been through a winter and been neglected.

Apart from that, pay up, jump on, and find a GS to hunt!

Good luck mate...

It's had the big 12k 2 year service so it should be good to go!