News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Made it home in one piece!

Started by BP_LONDON, August 15, 2004, 08:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Picked up my 02 955i today. Flew into Edinburgh airport where I was met by the seller...we exchanged details, paperwork etc etc .

Mounted the bike at 09:20 and took on the 400miles from Edinburgh to London. Just got home @ 18:40.

Well, what can I say? 8)

This bike is incredible - I would have been more exhausted taking the train than riding the bike home...in fact, I get more tired in a car after 400 miles than I did on this bike. It's definitely the SUV of motorcycles, large, plush, smooth, powerful, and it eats the miles like there is no tomorrow. I was passing GS's, Blades etc on the M1 down to London.

Crazy thing is I'm not even all that tired...The stock seat was more comfy than I thought it would be, and only towards the end of the journey did my butt really burn. A 5 minute stop cured this. The buffeting was also not bad at all! I've heard many things about the stock screen and it was fine. The only time it was bad was when I was behind a large truck....horrible turbulence.

All in all I am more than happy with my choice of bike. I would recommend a Tiger to anyone if you are looking to buy a seriously fun machine capable of touring long distances at high speed one day, and eating twisties the next day.

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"The buffeting was also not bad at all! I've heard many things about the stock screen and it was fine. The only time it was bad was when I was behind a large truck....horrible turbulence.

Glad you had a good ride home.

The other thing I find gives horrendous turbulence is roof bars on cars. A useless addornment that very few owners use.

It's a pity more riders don't realise how good a Tiger is. Triumph would have a best seller on their hands.

Chris Canning

Hi BP

Had to smile!!! thanks for telling us how good the Tiger is,we've all got one!!! hope you enjoy it,but over 9 hours to do 400 miles,blimey those GS's and Blades must have been travelling slow!!!

Welcome to one of the best keep't secrets for mile munching.

Chris

Patch

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Hi BP

Had to smile!!! thanks for telling us how good the Tiger is,we've all got one!!!

I haven't yet :(  but will be resolving that soon

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Hi BP

Had to smile!!! thanks for telling us how good the Tiger is,we've all got one!!! hope you enjoy it,but over 9 hours to do 400 miles,blimey those GS's and Blades must have been travelling slow!!!

Welcome to one of the best keep't secrets for mile munching.

Chris

Well, the first 200 miles was spent mostly on A and B roads at much lower average sight seeing speeds - with loads of stops included, the last 200 miles on Motorway (M1 South) was done at a steady 85-90. I really was passing GS's and blades, but that was just during short bursts testibng out the avaiable power. I must admit I did noteven come close to using all the power the entire day. Feels like there is loads of power available even travelling at 90-100!

I saw 2 tigers, both heading upNorth on the M1 - a 04/05 lucifer orange and a yellow 900i.