News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

custom 955i

Started by Speedrider, March 28, 2010, 09:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedrider

cool

nice brakes  8)

Speedrider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Oh, and Speedrider, I worked with Dutch engineers when I was posted to RAF Bruggen just over the border from Rhoermond.  

How much beer was involved in deciding to do this????  :lol:

:wink:

moose

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

I NEED!!!!!!!!  :twisted:

Not sure what the wife would say though  :?

Speedrider

Chris Canning, i am interrested in some pictures of your bike.
Do you have a topic?

gr

Chris Canning

Well i started off with an 885 well two actually,then bought a 955 in 2001,i come from an offroading background,which the Tiger has never struck me as being!,i had a Dutch friend send me a photo of a Tiger that was Supermotoed in Germany and it went on from there.

First wire wheels and then Dymags,in that trim it has been ridden everywhere from Lisbon to eastern Europe,including 1000 mile days.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,614

This the photo i normally post.

The biggest hassle was the speedo conversion,thank heavens for the internet,rear shock is Ohlins,airbox conversion,19t sprocket,K+N,Ohlins front springs 15wt oil,thats about i guess.

Rocinante

Referring to picture DSCF8413.jpg in your third post, who said anything about insectoide looks...

Great work, it´s really stunning.:bowdown

Dag
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Speedrider

Chris, what size tire did you have on your original rim back then?
Do you remember?

Speedrider

Speedrider

is it a 180?

I like your hugger  :notworthy

Chris Canning

Yes it's a 180 as i had a 5 and a 1/2" rim laced on the back,i cringe a little looking at the photo,tyres have moved on a lot since then with the advent of dual compound,i use Michelin Road 02's now.

I didn't want to use the original wheels and bought a secondhand rear and chopped the spokes and rim off, and aquired!! a front hub,as i didn't want to risk buying a front hub from a damaged bike,but folks who make the wheels for BMW have a patenet on their turbless spoke rims,in end got fed up with hassle of tubes and bough Dymags and of course were a lot lighter.

May i say,with the 17" front wheel on,it's the only bike i've owned,that will change line and direction mid corner,and that includes my XT supermoto

Hugger is just bog stock NWS.

Chris Canning

Speedrider

Are your forks stock?? or is it an opitical illusion in black.

Speedrider

Those are the original forks, only customized

Speedrider

on the pic: 1 custom, 1 original

Speedrider

later on i removed the 'collar' on a 'turning lathe'
(dont know the words for it???)

Speedrider

All the peaces powdercoated