News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Factory Tour

Started by Brock, August 18, 2004, 11:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

Did me free Triumph factory tour today, courtesy of Wylie and Holland. Free lunch too!

I'm sure some of you Brits have done it too, but I have to say I was well impressed. That place is sooooo clean and nicely laid out.

The whole experience left me with the impression that these bikes are the closest thing I'll ever get to a hand-built motor bike.

But that Rocket III. What a monster. that crank is so heavy I almost dropped it.

Judging by the Tigers I saw coming off the 'line, Silver and Orange are the most popular colours, with BRG trailing well behind. That silver frame and swing arm still looks girly to me, though.

Oh, and the guy that took us around reckons the new alloy wheels should go straight on the previous model without too much trouble (if any of you feel so inclined).
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

TigerTim

How'd you manage a "Free" tour  :shock: , or have I missed something  :oops:

Regards

Tim
I\'m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

Chris Canning

The Factory recently started doing them again after a break of a couple years,you can book them through your local dealer it's all free,although when i saw the guys working on the track doing the assembly realised what a good job i've got!!!!,and couldn't help but think if thats what the Triumph  is like god knows how impressive the Jap factorys are.

Chris

Brock

In my case I was offered a Factory tour by Wylies (Market Drayton) because they do several organised ones each year, and I'd just bought a new bike off them. They're also turning out to be a brilliant dealer, with friendly, approachable, and knowledgable staff.

Chris...yes, I was wondering that, too. The Japanese factories are obviously so much bigger, too. They may be a little more "automated" than Triumph as well, as most of the latter's engine assembly is still done by hand. Nice to see it being done.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

TigerTim

I'll speak with my dealer - Bransons at Gloucester. Seems like a good day out.  :)

Regards

Tim
I\'m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Brock"Did me free Triumph factory tour today, courtesy of Wylie and Holland. Free lunch too!

I'm sure some of you Brits have done it too, but I have to say I was well impressed. That place is sooooo clean and nicely laid out.

The whole experience left me with the impression that these bikes are the closest thing I'll ever get to a hand-built motor bike.

But that Rocket III. What a monster. that crank is so heavy I almost dropped it.

Judging by the Tigers I saw coming off the 'line, Silver and Orange are the most popular colours, with BRG trailing well behind. That silver frame and swing arm still looks girly to me, though.

Oh, and the guy that took us around reckons the new alloy wheels should go straight on the previous model without too much trouble (if any of you feel so inclined).

I'd love to put on some tubeless tires on my tigger, but how much would those cost???????? at least £1500 I estimate...

Chris Canning

My visit was different in the way that everyone who was on it was a Tiger owner,they sat us in the board room with tea and coffee and asked loads of questions and so did we!!!,before the visit and dinner.

I just wish all those here who talk about off roading their Tiger should go on a factory visit,see the reaction ofTriumph who certainley don't view their product the same way!!!

Chris