News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SOLD - Tiger 885i Engine Protection Bars - Five Stars

Started by dogray56, March 29, 2010, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogray56

I managed to click on and then purchase a set of crash bars for a Tiger 885i. Unfortunately I own a 955i.

These are brand new in the box and never installed ('coz they don't fit a 955i).

I have an option to ship them back to England for a refund but since that would be expensive I'd rather sell them here in the States if possible.

They are manufactured in Germany by Five Stars and will only fit the 855i model year 1999-00.

They are made of a 1" (more probably 25mm) black powder coated steel tube. A two piece construction that mounts to the four Upper Engine Mounts. The two pieces then wrap under the bike in front of the exhaust and bolt together at the bottom. All hardware and installation instructions are included.

I can send more detailed pictures to anyone who needs them.

I am asking $225.00 (less than my cost) + actual shipping cost (approx $10.00 in the U.S.).
2001 Tiger 955i
No matter where you go.....there you are.

tett

PM Sent

Quote from: "dogray56"I managed to click on and then purchase a set of crash bars for a Tiger 855i. Unfortunately I own a 955i.

These are brand new in the box and never installed ('coz they don't fit a 955i).

I have an option to ship them back to England for a refund but since that would be expensive I'd rather sell them here in the States if possible.

They are manufactured in Germany by Five Stars and will only fit the 855i model year 1999-00.

They are made of a 1" (more probably 25mm) black powder coated steel tube. A two piece construction that mounts to the four Upper Engine Mounts. The two pieces then wrap under the bike in front of the exhaust and bolt together at the bottom. All hardware and installation instructions are included.

I can send more detailed pictures to anyone who needs them.

I am asking $225.00 (less than my cost) + actual shipping cost (approx $10.00 in the U.S.).
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

kelpie_67

Sold to the chubby english guy in canada (me) - PM sent
2000 885i yellow - can you see me now?

dogray56

Item Sold.

Thanks for the PM.

I'll reply by PM also.

Dogray
2001 Tiger 955i

GasDepot

Where did you order the bars from Link?
I have been looking for my 2k tiger.

Thanks.
GD
2000 Tiger
1998 KLR
A cheep bastard with a large tank

dogray56

Hi GD,

Here is the link to the crash bars:

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/crash-b ... -332-c.asp

This page has 955i as well as 885i bars on same page. The 955i bars are shown on the bike while the 885i bars are shown below them on their own.

I'm sure you're not as careless (read stupid) as me but I managed to look at the title for the 955i bars and click on the 885i ones!!!!!!!

My wife blocked me from purchasing the correct ones until I sold the originals. Since I'm not fond of 'Deaf and Dumb Dinners' I complied.

I placed my order for the correct ones only two days ago and they are currently on the FedEx truck out for delivery today.  They'll be on my bike tonight.

I'm very impressed. From Manchester (on a shelf)  to Michigan (on my bike) in two days. These guys are good.

They were great to work with and very responsive when I contacted them about my mistake.
They had no problem with issuing me a full refund for the bars if I had no luck in selling them and needed to send them back.

Check 'em out.

Dogray56
2001 Tiger 955i