News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

aaargh. Puncture.

Started by BP_LONDON, August 19, 2004, 02:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Rear wheel of course. No centrestand making it even more impossible to fix it myself. Eventually had the bike towed to a shop where they repaired her. Would anyone recommend ultraseal or the like? Punctures are no fun, no sirree. :x

TigerTim

I've used Ultraseal for around 3 years. Had one puncture that I noticed by the tell-tale pink blob on the tyre during my weekly check, tyre was plugged by tyre dealer and more Ultraseal added. Wouldn't be without it now, though many will no doubt disagree.

Regards

Tim
I\'m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

NortonCharlie

From what I hear sealers don't do squat with tubes.  You need a solid rubber base to seal the leak.  Tube leak, you need a stand and tire irons and patch min.  Probably wrenches for the axle and tubes.  All of which I carry with me when traveling out of pickup range.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Brock

I've heard good things about Ultraseal being used on tubed tyres. I'm going to look into it.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Bushwhacker

When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

Chris Canning

I've always carried a Finilec with me,available here in the Uk from places like Halfords,so long as you catch the punture early,pull up, nail out,inject it through the valve and Bob's you uncle!!!!.

Chris

52blackshadow

The tireballs look pretty good for off road use, but I wouldn't fancy fitting them when inflated to the sort of pressure needed for road use!

It all depends what you use your Tiger for really.

Chris,

how do you find the Finilec in a Tubed tyre?  I've tried it years ago, but the puncture had become a tear and the finilec just made a lot of mess but didn't help at all.

Keith.
Ride safe!!!!!

BP_LONDON

I'm definately going to have some Ultraseal put into my tires. It can't hurt I suppose, and any chance of avoiding a puncture is welcome.

Sasquatch

SEAL YOUR RIMS AND GO TUBLESS!!! Can I say this enough?  

Just this last weekend at the Pacific North West RAT raid in Bend I picked up a nice 10-12 penny nail (or should I say gutter spike) in my Tigers rear wheel.  It was a good 4" long and 3/16" thick.  It took me 10 minutes max to be back on the trail after plugging the hole and pumping up with my 12v compressor, with most of the time beiing used by the compressor.  The two Tiger riding companions that are with me are total converts now and will be sealing their rims ASAP.

Now, at my leisure, in my garage, I will pull the tire and properly patch it from the inside.

I have photos, and will be in my trip report sometime in the next couple of days.

BP_LONDON

Well, I haven't reallly got a garage to do this in. Is it possible for someone to actually do this for me i.e. dealership?

Chris Canning

Hi Kieth

If you get a tear then your stuffed!!,and i certainley wouldn't use one on a tubeless tire,on my BM carry a normal plug kit.

When i'm travelling Europe i carry a spare tube,because of me haveing a 180 tyre on the back and tubes that size are a rarerity,if i was that concerned about puntures i'd fit Dymags.

Chris