News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rox Risers for my 95 Steamer??

Started by mantramoto, November 20, 2009, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mantramoto

Steamer noob here. I want to bring my bars back a bit - does anyone have any opinions on the Rox Risers or anything else that would get the bars back towards me an inch and a half or so? Rox Risers seem like they would do the trick. Does any one have the specs that I would need to order these or other risers? Thanks!

hobie

I have the 3.5in Rox risers.  They are perfect for me, but I had to replace the front brake cable to accommodate them.  They also cause the handle bars to hit my Secdem windscreen when turned all the way.  These are small problems compared with the ability to go on long rides without discomfort.
Hobie

Black \'98 Steamer.
It\'s not ugly, it\'s uglificent.

mantramoto

I didn't know they made 3.5 inch - I only saw the 2 inch on their site. Where did you get yours?

Thanks!

hobie

Through a dealer in Hamilton, Ontario.  I didn't explicitly order that size, but that's what he had in stock.  I think they are actually for ATVs.
Hobie

Black \'98 Steamer.

mantramoto

jsingraham

I had a set of 2" black anodized ones on my 98 when I had it.  I did go ahead and get a longer brake cable for it.  The risers worked great, but as said earlier, they did allow the bars to hit the screen when you turned it lock to lock.  But since I never "tried" to do that in normal driving, it wasn't an issue for me as I didn't worry about it when it was sitting parked in the garage.

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

intotheabis

Quote from: "hobie"I have the 3.5in Rox risers.  They are perfect for me, but I had to replace the front brake cable to accommodate them.  They also cause the handle bars to hit my Secdem windscreen when turned all the way.  These are small problems compared with the ability to go on long rides without discomfort.

Where did you get the extended brake line and how much longer is needed to get a good fit?
Does the throttle cable need to be changed as well?
Thanks
Intotheabis

Jomama

I have these http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /2016/218/
1" up and 1" back, just barely fit w/out needing longer cables.
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser

hobie

Quote from: "intotheabis"
Quote from: "hobie"I have the 3.5in Rox risers.  They are perfect for me, but I had to replace the front brake cable to accommodate them.  They also cause the handle bars to hit my Secdem windscreen when turned all the way.  These are small problems compared with the ability to go on long rides without discomfort.

Where did you get the extended brake line and how much longer is needed to get a good fit?
Does the throttle cable need to be changed as well?
Thanks

Bike shops have braided steel cables and banjo bolts to connect them.  They only come in a few different lengths.  I got a 24" one, if I remember, and it is a bit too long, so it loops up farther than the old one.  I didn't touch the throttle cable and haven't noticed a difference in using it.
Hobie

Black \'98 Steamer.