News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Centre stand pivots.

Started by Anonymous, April 08, 2010, 06:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

I noticed the other day that the last remaining pivot was coming out at an angle and looked like it was just about to fall apart so I modified it the same as I'd done with the other side by drilling out the 10mm thread in the brackets so that an M12 bolt goes through as the pivot....

You may also notice that the stop bolt is different. My stand goes too far over centre so I fitted M8 cap head bolt which is a larger diameter and nut on the back. I think it needs an M10 cap head but that'll be another day because the stand will need grinding away to clear it.

I had to drill another hole in the stand for the springs to hook into because the bolt head interferes with them. The new hole takes the springs towards the centre of the bike....
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

LTB

Perfect mod. Mine has got the same problem and I've wondered how to solve it. Thanx for the pics.  :)
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

zombie

sweet mod
thanks for the pics

blacktiger

I've upgraded this mod now by getting a Stainless M10x1.25 pitch socket cap head bolt to fit as the stop bolt which screws through the original thread and I put a nut on the back for strength. There's enough clearance between the bolt head and the stand for the stand to still pivot.

I also turned the M12 pivot bolt around and cut to length which make it all look a lot neater I think.

The bigger diameter of the head of the M10 stop bolt stops the stand earlier and makes the bike sit up higher than before so that I've now got nearly 30mm ground clearance at the rear tyre.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

HockleyBoy

Thanks guys for this idea, finally did the mod with M10 bolt replacing the stop bolt and what a difference, 1 inch clearance at the back wheel now and I can get the bloody thing off the stand without nearly killing myself.

Didnt take long, old bolts out, enlarge hole fit new bolts and nuts, cut off excess bolt on spring side and filed a small amount off centre stand so that it sits in its original position when up.

Well happy  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport