News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How's the Tiger for two-up riding?

Started by Team2, August 22, 2004, 04:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team2

New to the site.  Currently riding an 02 Sprint RS.  Love the bike solo, but when riding two-up my wife continually slides forward even w/ Triumph's gel seat.  We rented an R1150GS in Europe ealier this year and found it to be extremely comfortable two-up.  Looks like more two-up riding is in our future, so how are the newer Tigers for two-up riding comfort?

Flying Tiger

Not bad for the type of bike that it is.  There's lot's travel, so going over bumps doesn't knock her fillings out.    :lol:

You just have to adjust the preload accordingly and set  the chain tension adjustment correctly for 2 up weight.

tigerjohn

My pillion-wife says the Tiger is by far the most comfortable bike she's been on. But you need to try one for yourself on a two-up test ride. To prevent sliding you could always open the throttle a bit more and brake less! Personally, I don't mind the occasional slide forwards - but it does depend on who's riding pillion!

Quote from: "Flying Tiger"and set  the chain tension adjustment correctly for 2 up weight.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Chris Canning

Well i had a very strange exsperience yesteraday!!,i actually rode my Tiger one up which is a true rarity!!,I use my Tiger mainly for long distance stuff and my other half reckons it's by far the best thing we've had for travelling on and god knows over the years we've had a few!! and that includes my 1100s and and thats pretty good.

Actually i was on my way to blag a go on a 625 KTM SuperMoto with a fully monty competition engine,which is another story,got back on the Tiger seemed very bland!!

Chris

RedMenace

[/quote="Blacktiger"]

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:[/quote]

fixed it for ya, BT

Quote from: "Flying Tiger"....and set  the chain tension adjustment correctly...

:lol:
The Red Menace

trotts

Having seemed to own most Giant Trailees over the years my spouse 'claims' that the best ride for the pillion was the Varadero ! I took her to Spain and the costa's on a GS  where i improved the seat with a 'Melvyn Hunter' custom made Gel. She could do 2 hrs plus on that without a need to stop.  The Tiger is still unknown on long trips as i 'escaped' this year to France and Spain on my own so the jury is still out.  On my 99 'T' plated 885cc f.i Tiger we had a few longish trips but to be honest  from comments made on all the sites would tend to 'support' the purchase of the gel seat.  Apart from that I would say any Trailee would be better for you partner than the RS. :D
Dave T

Wrangler

Had an 01 Bonneville, prior to the Tiger.  Did some 2up :x  on the Bonnie and just felt like the bike was working way to hard.  Completely different story on the Tiger.

Completed a 3 day tour this year with wifey and the 3 hard bags.  Yes, when you first get on it feels a lot different but after 50K or so you've adjusted and it feels normal.

I have to admit after the 3 day ride, riding single, without luggage is where you can really fell the Tiger snarl.[/img]
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

echoyankee

I just went for my own first 2up ride this weekend aboard the Tiger with 2 separate passengers.  The bike did well.  I had a lot more grunt to pass with on the highway than my former motorycycle and the suspension, without any adjustment, handled everything deliciously.  The roads I was on were standard less-than-perfect quality.  

The lighter/smaller passenger I was with needed a break after about 40 minutes.  The larger passenger needed no breaks and had no complaints.

I've sworn off passengering for a while after acquiring the Tiger in June, just to allow time to acclimate to the new machine.  I'm noticing that I use the rear brakes more with a passenger.  I've been lucky enough to use mostly the front with barely any rear brake while riding solo.  Nice to know I have more braking power there!

A good time was had by all this weekend!

Best,

echoyankee

Edit:  You think I can spell?  HA!