News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mikuni Carb float orings

Started by Mustang, April 16, 2010, 04:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

The orings for the float assemblys sometimes rot and dry out or you damage them and they are not available from Triumph unless you buy the whole float assembly  WTF !
Here is a couple of alternatives to get the orings

identical to those for the Suzuki Katana,

The small orings :
Suzuki P/N 13374-46710,

The Large orings
 Suzuki P/N 13374-35C00

and they are available from Mcmaster Carr

The part numbers are 9263K121 for the small size and 9263K137 for the large at http://www.mcmastercarr.com

balancenathan

Thanks so much man,
I was so pissed when the told me "just buy new float assemblies"

Just ordered a pack of 25 of each....should hold me for a while.

Thanks again......

Nate

Jaythro

Thought This may be helpful a Suzuki want nearly £25 for the rings !!  :shock:

Even Worse
QuoteDue to the ever-increasing complexity of U.S. Export regulations, McMaster-Carr has decided to only accept orders from a few, long-established customers of ours overseas.  We cannot accept your order, and regret any inconvenience this causes you.

Your order has been cancelled.

Hittman

Is there any reason you can't use the float bowl orings from a katana as well since the carbs are the same? It's easier for me to get suzuki parts than triumph parts.

Mustang

Quote from: "Hittman"Is there any reason you can't use the float bowl orings from a katana as well since the carbs are the same? It's easier for me to get suzuki parts than triumph parts.
go back and read the first post in this thread you will find your answer grasshopper  :D  :shock:

Hittman

no what I meant was the gasket between the float bowl and the carb body. Not the orings on the float assembly.

Mustang

same carb =same parts , jets may or may not be the same but gaskets and rubber seals will be

Hittman

cool! Thanks Mustang! Always the wealth of knowledge.